• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:58:54 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Started by HalfCutClub, April 07, 2015, 10:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalfCutClub

Hi

New member from Limerick, four of us are involved in a beer club, hence the name.

I am a member of Beoir wher I post as CDow and a rep in the Mid West.  Looking forward to learning plenty about the home brew scene.

Will be back with plenty of questions.

DEMPSEY

Your more than welcome Limerick needs as many new members as possible to catch up with Cork cause ye can't have them having all the lime light :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

johnrm

Hey HCC/CDow,
Welcome to the darkside ;-)
Loads of stuff here for you to peruse, ask questions if you're stuck.
There's a few lads in the Limerick area, but there have been no Homebrew meets that I'm aware of.
I tried one a few years ago, but no-one showed.
Hopefully this will change, it's a shame that a city the size of Limerick does not have a Homebrew club.

Keg

Welcome HalfCutClub!  It would be great to have an active Homebrewing scene in Limerick so the more the merrier.

Chris

Hey I was hoping to arrange a meet in Limerick but I haven't had much interest. There is three of us that have met befor and BrettDundee did s brew day in the blind pig but it is very sporadic.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

jj78

Well lads.. I definitely be interested in having a meet up  aswell.. im new to this and have been trying to get set for my first brew. Be great to meet up and share some tips and info..

Should we make a plan

DEMPSEY

Look for a friendly pub doing craft beers and ask him if you could have your meetups there. Explain how it works in that you bring samples for tastings and you also buy beer from him. Pick a quiet week night and check how easy it is to get to the pub via transport :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Chris

The Blind Pig have no problems hosting meets. If someone wants to suggest a date, we could start a list
Secondary:
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale

jj78

Hi chris how would a mid week day like a Tuesday or Thursday night suit you.. we could say a week or 2 weeks from now maybe give it a chance for people to see it on the forum?

HalfCutClub

How about Thursday April 30th at say 8pm in the Blind Pig.

jj78

I ll be up for that. Let s call that a plan and start a list.

Chris

Flying to Newcastle that morning but go ahead without me and I'll make the next one.
Secondary:

BavarianGal

Keg and I are planning to come too!

BavarianGal

Heyhey,
just wondering, if Thursday next week in the Blind Pig is still happening?  :)

HalfCutClub

I'm going, unless it's cancelled.  Going to bring samples of an APA and a stout.