• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 12:37:27 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Tasting at Oval South Main Street.

Started by rebel, April 07, 2015, 11:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Next tasting friday 17th April at Oval Bar South Main Street at 8pm. Beer styles to be judged  Northern English Brown and California Common . All welcome, except 2 pint rule at bar.

iBrau

Great idea to go for the Oval to change it up a bit.
I'll bring some of my brown ale, fermented with s04 and windsor. Don't get your hopes up though - the batch is basically ruined. The taste of burnt grain is too overpowering, well too much for me anyway.

wallacebiy

Think we're gonna start Early now

7 pm or not long after it ( it'll take a few minutes to get the blind set up and the score sheets etc explained .

Looking forward to it !!

LukeH

Looking forward to this - I shall bring a bottle from my first kit (Youngs American Amber Ale) and a sample of my wine too.

rebel

wallacebiy

Many thanks to the oval for their hospitality . It was a great evening ... The beers were excellent and there was even a little excellent wine .

iBrau

We had a great turn-out for the tasting last Friday. Thanks to Judy and The Oval for reserving the snug for us, it was perfect for our group.

In a shock upset to be brewing world the California Common competition was won by rookie brewer Ger. There was in fact a tie for first place between Sean and Ger, but with more first place nominations to Ger giving him the win. Brian was the score counter, but had to call for an independent recount to verify the tie for first and second!

Stevie won the Brown Ale competition. Jason & myself were meant to be competing against him but we didn't even have entries in the end.

I've got some photos from the tasting below: