• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 01:14:21 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Aldi's Peach 'n' White Grape Juice

Started by Will_D, January 10, 2013, 09:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

Fermented up a gallon of this juice with about 400 gms white sugar/nutrients/wine yeast. Started in September and just drinking now. Dropped crystal clear and its gorgeous - hint of peach, a little acid, a little sweetness BRILL#

And all for 89C a CS litre!

Luckily got a few more in the production line!

"Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its off to Aldi I will go", If you miss out on Lidl then Aldi's ye're Man

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Stitch

My brother in law tasted a wine that I did from the grape jucie in aldi. I put one of these on for him last week but not sure if he will be getting it now!!!

Will_D

QuoteHey youse deer wots de alcohool lyke? ;D

For a light white I tend to go for about 10%

Lidl reds tend towards 12% ( PM Sent about abv's )

If you do a Lidl red at about 9% and drink when still "alive" it makes for a great "Lidl Lambrusco"

DrowningManatee

Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

Col

Will, do you mean you made it purely with the fruit juice? Does that make it any better than the standard WOW recipe, i.e. just two liters of juice? I've always stuck to the WOW guidelines (currently supping a drop of Tropicana/OJ WOW).
So if you want my address it's number one at the end of the bar,
Where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws,
And nursing our scars.

Will_D

Yes, I just used the juice and added enough white sugar for my gravity requirements - lets say 350 gms nper gallon.

Thats all there is to it folks

Simpless (squeak)

Ps: I love meerkats.com

LordEoin

I do it the same way. Juice + sugar + yeast. Simple, tasty!  :)

Col

But do you think it's any better than the standard WOW recipe, which only costs half as much? Yes, I am a TAG (Tight Arsed Git).
And nursing our scars.

LordEoin

April 15, 2013, 04:08:58 AM #9 Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:12:05 AM by eoinlayton@hotmail
I think it does. I find that the original fruit flavours carry over. That might just be me, I dunno.
For example, one sticks out in my mind that was made with Lidl Apple juice sugar and yeast (i might have used a teabag and some raisins too, can't remember). It was like boozy appledrops.

Col

Mmm. Might experiment, then. Thanks.
And nursing our scars.

brenmurph

again me and kellie have been using the aldi juices and blind tested them on people many times....bog standard Aldi grapoe juice 15% sugar content makes we calculated a 9% wine without ant additions. we used a magnum wine kit yeast from a previous batch anbd kept that goin for a few batched now we use a lovely universal wine yeast.

We love the idea that it clears on its own with no finings  and or chemicals, sulphites and so on, keep in fridge and we get months fresh in the fridge with no off flavours.

Tweak ur own recipe with additions or a different yeast but we dont modify at all.. particularly useful and successfull is slightly carbonated 3 litre white and 1 litre red juice mixed to make a pink carbonated dry wine

Dunno why Aldi's juice makes such great wine so cheap but its probably consistency of supply and that the juice is pasteurised as well makes it safe to dump straight in the demijon,, just pour boiling water over top to sterilise before pouring

GrahamR

Made a gallon of this on sat, what sort of fermentation/conditioning time am I looking at
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider

LordEoin

ferment til it stops bubbling, condition til it's clear... After that the rest is guesswork without knowing how you're brewing it and what you're adding to it.