• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:28:59 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next meeting 16 th of may

Started by barney, May 04, 2015, 10:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barney

Hi lads

The next meeting will be in soraghans pub adree road dundalk on the 16 of May at 9 pm
We usually run it on the second Friday of the month but for this month only we are skipping a week due to brew con being  on sat and some of the group are way on a pre arranged piss up in Dublin
I am hoping to get to brewcon and want to save up some brownie points  to escape on sat !

Regards
Brian

danger_zone

The 16th? That's a Saturday. Did we not say Friday the 15th?
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

barney

Sorry lads my fat fingers hit a 6 in stead of 5
Yes Friday the 15 of may at 9

itsclinto

Danger Zone you'll have alot of prep to do for the next meeting with these new BJCP guidelines  :P

http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf

danger_zone

Dammit,now I have to re learn all the catagory numbers

What are we all bringing next week?

I'll be taking my American Brown Ale and a Pale Ale that I entered in the Garden County comp

drinking - whiskey stout

itsclinto

I'll hopefully have my ipa (if i've any left) and a fuggle smash (english bitter) that i only bottled last night.  It might be carbed in time

helmet

I'll have the pale ale and black ipa I had at Vantastival.

cronan

I will have an American Amber and an ESB - I didn't have any of these at Vantastival.

danger_zone

What would you guys think about sharing any left over ingredients with each other? We could get a wee swap shop going

For example: I have some crystal EBC113, crystal EBC145, chocolate, and biscuit malt that I probably won't use up any time soon, that I don't mind sharing if any of ye need a few grams

drinking - whiskey stout

Acott

Looking forward to meeting you all on Friday lads.

I have a horrendous Kriek that I won't bother bringing as it's kin to cats p**s and making it's way towards the drain.

Other than that I've nada :(

I do have the Apollo IPA and the Particular Peters Stout coming from the Homebrewing Company and hope to get 1 on this Saturday

Should be up after the Dundalk game around 9:45 / 10:00!

helmet

Quote from: Acott on May 12, 2015, 11:41:53 AM

I have a horrendous Kriek that I won't bother bringing as it's kin to cats p**s and making it's way towards the drain.

I do have the Apollo IPA and the Particular Peters Stout coming from the Homebrewing Company and hope to get 1 on this Saturday

Nice one Acott, I won the Saison kit from THC, result! I don't mean to piss on your parade, but I think we just get one of the options we listed for the comp. See you Friday!

Acott

Quote from: helmet on May 12, 2015, 02:48:28 PM
Quote from: Acott on May 12, 2015, 11:41:53 AM

Nice one Acott, I won the Saison kit from THC, result! I don't mean to piss on your parade, but I think we just get one of the options we listed for the comp. See you Friday!

Haha yeah I know  :)

I purchased the Grainfather and it comes with a free mash kit so that's the Apollo ;D Looking forward to the GF arriving

helmet

Fierce fancy, congratulations on all fronts!

itsclinto

Quote from: Acott on May 12, 2015, 03:18:55 PM
Haha yeah I know  :)

I purchased the Grainfather and it comes with a free mash kit so that's the Apollo ;D Looking forward to the GF arriving

I believe you'll be nominated to do our next brew day to make us all envious   :P

danger_zone

i'd love to see the grainfather in action it seems pretty foolproof but it'll take out all the fun of messing up our next brewday...(i wonder how that stout is doing)

drinking - whiskey stout