• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 01:38:12 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hi there!

Started by LordEoin, December 10, 2012, 02:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

I found this site on the 6th and saw you were all having a meet-up on the 7th so I thought it would be a bit too forward to just show up, drink too much, fight a goat and disappear into the night..

The lack of posts suggest that you all went 'Thunderdome' in The Well and only one man left, who is probably too broken to type.
But to you, surviver, I say hi!

Anyway, I've been brewing in some form or another since I was about 15 (half a life wasted).
My old folks have a load of apple and pear trees out back so I started by making cider in TK bottles (when they were still 25P) and whatever jar i could find. I learned early about bottle bombs, but they smelled delightfully apply...

Then I moved to out to 'The Shticks' (kanturk ways, it's amazing where you'll move to for a woman) and found a plethora of wild fruit that could be turned into wine.
In case nobody told you yet, wine is like different flavor cider, but twice as strong and none of that pesky fizz filling up your belly!

About a year (and a stone) ago, I started brewing beer.
I brew from kits and add grains and hops to taste.
I'm not going to pigeon-hole myself into kit, extract or partial because I think they're all parts of the same thing, making awesome beer.

So that's me (in a brewing sense) and I look forward to spitting in your beer.... I mean... Ummm... shaking your hands indivdually... yes, that will do....

Taf

Welcome aboard Eoin. You would have been more than welcome to come along on Friday night, and goat fighting skills are always appreciated! We'll probably have another meetup around the 2nd or 3rd Friday in January. I would have posted something up sooner, but myself and another lad headed up to Dublin on Saturday to meet some of the lads that are brewing up there, so wasn't online much over the weekend. I do a bit of foraging myself, mostly only for berries, as that's all that I've found around my parts so far, so if you see any gluts around Kanturk next year, or want another pair of hands, give me a shout, as I'm not a million miles from you, and I often pass through Kanturk to visit family out that way. I'm mostly making beer and a bit of cider, but used to make a few wines out of bought juices and foraged/garden fruits, so must get back into that again.

johnrm

Hey LordEoin,

If you have as even a passing interest in the conversion of sugars into CO2 and Alcohol, then you more than welcome to join in.

Welcome on board.