• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:48:46 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Started by JerryMcC, January 15, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryMcC

Hi All,
Just found this site from following the homebrew forum on boards.ie. Total newb to homebrewing.

Just bottled my first ever brew from a kit with two other kits in fermentation at the minute. Totally new to all this but something I've always wanted to try. Looking forward to finding and following any Cork based homebrew information and may even get up the nerve to come along to some gatherings in time. I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys so will be reading with fascination from now on.  :)

Padraic

Welcome to the forum Jerry, I'd recommend not being shy and get along to a meetup, it's always good to meet homebrewers face to face and have chats about idea's etc.

Any questions you have post them up here and the lads will help you out along the way!

Taf

Yes, don't be shy, and try to come in to the meeting in the Fransiscan Well this Friday at 8. Doesn't matter if you have any beer to bring or not. I live in Grenagh, which isn't that far from Whitechurch, so let me know if you are every stuck for anything brewing related, and we can sort you out.

JerryMcC

Cheers Taf. What's on Friday? Is it a meeting for drinks or a meeting or a drunken meeting?  :) Basically, what happens at these get togethers and how many people turn up?

Taf

It's a bit of all that really. Basically we try to get together once a month in the F Well to sample each other's homebrews and to chat about what is going on with the homebrew scene. There are people of all experience levels, so it's a good opportunity to meet like minded people, and to get and give tips on recipes/process and all sorts of HB related topics.

LordEoin

It'll be my first time meeting this crowd too Jerry. if they turn out to be a bunch of langers we can just slip off to some decent company....  ;D