• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 03:30:29 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

January Meetup Friday 18th of January

Started by Taf, December 11, 2012, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taf

December 11, 2012, 08:56:48 AM Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:04:42 AM by Taf
I'm thinking the second or third Friday of January for the next meet, so let me know what ye think?

johnrm

If you build it they will come...

Komodo021

Whatever date you choose Taf... one will be there!

LordEoin

I look forward to meeting people.

Taf

QuoteBlack IPA challenge month?

I'd concede that one already I think, as mine is way too roasty, and I'd say even copious additional hopping would only be pissing in the wind!

Blackbrew

I know you are just trying to lull me into a false sense of security and then thrash me in the National Home-brew Contest in March.  :o

galvinsbeerclub

I'll be along to this one lads, gonna bring along imperial spiced pumpkin ale! Can't wait... Jason

Taf

As people don't seem to mind, I'm proposing Friday 18th of January as the date.

Taf

QuoteI know you are just trying to lull me into a false sense of security and then thrash me in the National Home-brew Contest in March.  :o

Mines too raosty for a stout, never mind a Black IPA, and I know from experience that the hops will fade quicker than the roast!

mr hoppy

Friday 18th sounds good. I mightn't have any new beers yet, but the old ones are coming along nicely. The Belgians have dried out a lot in the last month and I do like a good Black IPA!

LordEoin

I have no black IPA brewed, but I'll find something tasty. How many bottles do you guys bring along?

Blackbrew

January 03, 2013, 06:47:34 PM #12 Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:48:03 PM by Blackbrew
I normally just bring along 2 500ml bottles of a couple of different options if I have them. Have a black IPA , and a crazy crazy ice concentrated beer ala "sink the Bismarck" as I'm too tight to buy a bottle but wanted a taste of a really strong beer

LordEoin

i tried that too with a stout and it was rotten...
Might try again some time with a lighter beer

Dara

Hi All,

Would like to come along but can't make it this time.  Just had my wisdom teeth taken out so will be out of circulation for a bit. Will have a few beers for next time.

Dara
drinking - Brown porters (plain/oak aged/vanilla)
conditioning - American Amber (Jamil's evil twin)
Fermenting - air