• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:49:47 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Feb 15th meet-up/Cask Fest/Comp drop off

Started by Blackbrew, February 08, 2013, 10:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbrew

I will be heading in to drop off some competition entry's so might as well bring along a few samples. Anyone up for a small tasting session (promise I wont bring the ice concentrated brown ale)  ;D

Taf

I'll only meet you, if you do bring some of the ice concentrated brown ale, as I have a nasty cough that I need to shift!

I'll bring in a few samples alright, for a mini tasting or swap, but intend to concentrate on drinking cask ale as much as possible, as I don't get enough opportunity to do that most of the time.

Taf

QuoteDon't burn yourselves out lads for Saturday! ;)

We are on about the Saturday. I am anyway, as won't be able to swing anymore than that.

Taf

Quote15th is a Friday tho?

Ah yes, well pointed out. I am probably only planning on going in on the Saturday.

DEMPSEY

I don't want to see any of you lads trying to climb tree's after your visit to the well.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q[/media]
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

mr hoppy

February 08, 2013, 11:02:35 PM #5 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:04:24 PM by mr_happy
definitely up for bringing a brew or two along on the saturday - won't be around next month :(

and that "brown ale" was something else blackbrew!

Blackbrew

Can we drop on Saturday? Thought 15th was deadline? If so then Saturday it is!

LordEoin

February 09, 2013, 08:10:24 PM #7 Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:18:22 PM by eoinlayton@hotmail
I'd be up for a meet and to have a few cask ales, but only one of the days.
I've an american ale, saison and 'magnum blonde' concoction I can bring.
i also have a few bottles of the orange/coriander wheatbeer left if anyone's interested in seeing how the extra month has affected it.
All out of stout for now though  ;D

Ciderhead

Taf

Hi Lads.

Just in relation to bringing samples for tasting, I would suggest only bringing a very small amount, if you really want to, and keeping it low key, as this won't be an official tasting session, but a day for drinking cask ale. The Well are very good at supporting the tasting sessions, and we don't spend much money on those occasions, so I think on this occassion, we should mostly be buying beer rather than drinking our own. I always let the Well know in advance if we are having a tasting session, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing so for this weekend, as it is their opportunity to make some money at a quiet time of year. I'm not saying not to bring anything, but try not to make it obvious, as there will probably be a lot of people around. I'm probably stating the obvious, but just in case.

DEMPSEY

I concur with Taf, this is a good point that needs to be mentioned with regards to all the pub's that allow tasting sessions. It is good to be appreciative of this fact and send them paying customers as well as yourself. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Ciderhead

February 11, 2013, 12:31:02 PM #11 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:31:33 PM by Ciderhead
QuoteHi Lads.

Just in relation to bringing samples for tasting, I would suggest only bringing a very small amount, if you really want to, and keeping it low key, as this won't be an official tasting session, but a day for drinking cask ale. The Well are very good at supporting the tasting sessions, and we don't spend much money on those occasions, so I think on this occassion, we should mostly be buying beer rather than drinking our own. I always let the Well know in advance if we are having a tasting session, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing so for this weekend, as it is their opportunity to make some money at a quiet time of year. I'm not saying not to bring anything, but try not to make it obvious, as there will probably be a lot of people around. I'm probably stating the obvious, but just in case.

I'm saving my palate for what the FW has to offer, Taf is spot on, probably best not to offend and save your brews for your local meeting especially as we will be so identifiable in orange 8-), like a 5* wedding I was at and I kid you not when a guy showed up to the afters with a bag of chips :o
Very tasty I had one ;)

LordEoin

JerryMcC

I'm going to head along to this on Friday evening for a few pints with my brother. Interested to see what will be there.

wallacebiy

I have to work Friday Night from about 11 to 1 in the morning !!! grrrrrrr ...

Anyways it'll probably Saturday night I'll pop in , so Whoever's around then, I'll say hi !!