• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 11:52:46 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Dublin West/North Kildare Homebrewers have a home!

Started by admin, November 02, 2012, 01:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

November 02, 2012, 01:03:27 AM Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:35:13 PM by admin
Good news!

I spoke to Gerry Colgan, owner in the Lucan County Bar, and he would be very happy for us homebrewers to meet in the Lucan County to sample each others' homebrews on a regular basis. We only have to give a bit of notice.

Any day suits, but I'm thinking inaugural meet on the Thursday the 15th of November at 7pm. How does that suit people?

If a Saturday suits, like it does the folks in Waterford and Cork, that can be arranged as an alternative.

IsMise

Hi Tube,
I'm still on the kits, haven't graduated onto All Grain yet, (kept back in beer class when I was younger), but have plans to move into AG in spring-time with my son. Could I go along, pick the collective brains and accumulated knowledge-base, sample true-brew, and probably donate a few bob to the NHC if necessary??  :D

Is Mise

IsMise

Based in Clondalkin, had a drink with yourself and Dempsey, along with my son ColinC, some time back. Paid up member of Beoir, although did'nt avail of it much. Made an early New Years Resolution to get the finger out and move up a notch with the home brew, although time-limited due to other interests. Would be delighted to help out, especially on brew-days, to learn the intricacies of AG.. "will wash equipment for experience!"
Excellent web-site BTW, full credit to all concerned! Great idea for localising brewers also.

Is Mise

mcgrath

Hey. sounds good to me.. I have 2 beers in secondary, so hopefully they will be carbonated on time if i stick them in bottles soon.. I'll tell magnethead..

Stitch

I would be more than interested in coming along to this. Am moving to AG after Christmas so am looking for some tips and advice. I think it may be worth starting a list?

1. Stitch (Rob) - Blonde Ale

DEMPSEY

2. Tube - a few bits and bobs
3. DEMPSEY
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

mcgrath

3. DEMPSEY
4. McGrath  and i've told Magnethead

IsMise

3. DEMPSEY
5. Is Mise - but I'll be late and driving (yea, suuckerrr)

Looking forward to linking up, at a meeting from 8.00pm so will be along later.

ColinC

3. DEMPSEY
6. ColinC - I'll be mooching beer (haven't brewed in ages  :'() including mooching a lift home from the sucker above  ;D Should be there by 7 depending on work.

Snuff

Snuff, are you coming?

Hope so, I'll bring along a few bottles of something from the shed. Will either be driving or a late arrival.
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

magnethead

3. DEMPSEY
6. ColinC - I'll be mooching beer (haven't brewed in ages  Cry) including mooching a lift home from the sucker above  Grin Should be there by 7 depending on work.
7.Magnethead - Nice Trappist (10.5%) but unfortunately never really carbonated correctly. IPA and Dark Weis(made with seeds of paradise - New favourite ingredient)

Stitch

7.Magnethead - Nice Trappist (10.5%) but unfortunately never really carbonated correctly. IPA and Dark Weis(made with seeds of paradise - New favourite ingredient)

Jasus, don't remember mention of that the other night ;)

Stitch

Sorry Lads I have to travel to Kerry for a 2pm meeting so don't think I will make it back in time.

1. Tube - a few bits and bobs
2. DEMPSEY
3. McGrath  and i've told Magnethead
4. Is Mise - but I'll be late and driving (yea, suuckerrr)
5. ColinC - I'll be mooching beer (haven't brewed in ages  Cry) including mooching a lift home from the sucker above  Grin Should be there by 7 depending on work.
6.Magnethead - Nice Trappist (10.5%) but unfortunately never really carbonated correctly. IPA and Dark Weis(made with seeds of paradise - New favourite ingredient)