• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:21:54 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Chili beer

Started by Beerbuddha, June 13, 2016, 02:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerbuddha

Just a small ...i made a chili beer thing,

I love hot food so i decided to make chili beer... as you do. We all do it at one stage i guess. I googled as we
all do and went AHH Crap i dont know where to get all that stuff..so i bought a 11g harabanaro chili from local shop and dropped it into cream ale.
as you do.

I left it for a week in secondary with hops to make it like ...hmm that smells lovely, people drink it and say.........aghhhhhhhh yep lava.
So next time 4G chili for a batch but as a fan of all things hot im like ... NOOOO thats too hot ....then...mmm try more.

If i made it at 4g id be like no i need more heat as chili lover so if i help anyone skip a step or not. :)
IBD Member

Pheeel

I added a chilli and ginger tea to 1/3 of the group buy cider. Turned out pretty well. A hint of heat but doesn't blow your balls off! I used two jalapenos with no seeds
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Qs

Are you safe enough to just chuck the chillis in after a bit of a rinse or is there some sort of sanitizing procedure you go through like washing in vodka or whatever?

Pheeel

Quote from: Qs on June 17, 2016, 12:53:32 PM
Are you safe enough to just chuck the chillis in after a bit of a rinse or is there some sort of sanitizing procedure you go through like washing in vodka or whatever?

In secondary it should be alright (folks dry hop all the time). I'd rather make a tea or steep in vodka though. That way you can experiment to taste
Issues with your membership? PM me!