• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:04:50 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewferm Malt

Started by The Mottly Brew, July 07, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mottly Brew

I am looking at maybe getting in some grain I have been looking at the Brewferm malt is this something all grain brewers would be interested in ?

Please let me know what you guys would be interested in in sealed bags rather then open sacks.

If you prefer you can email me on info@themottlybrew.ie
www.themottlybrew.ie. Join the grainy people we are hopping mad.

cno1

I think the way to go would be something like a pick-a-mix setup rather than sealed bags. That way you could go in and buy according to your recipe and you could have set prices per KG. This would be especially useful for the speciality malts.

I imagine a lot of people buy their base malts in bulk so sealed bags of base malt might be a good idea too.

Having the grains whole, not crushed, would give you better shelf life. Offering a facility to crush the grain onsite if the person requires it might be a good idea.

Couple that with a stock of liquid yeasts and you could be onto a winner in terms of all grain business.

winstonia

Quote from: cno1 on July 08, 2014, 02:23:47 PM
I think the way to go would be something like a pick-a-mix setup rather than sealed bags. That way you could go in and buy according to your recipe and you could have set prices per KG. This would be especially useful for the speciality malts.

I imagine a lot of people buy their base malts in bulk so sealed bags of base malt might be a good idea too.

Having the grains whole, not crushed, would give you better shelf life. Offering a facility to crush the grain onsite if the person requires it might be a good idea.

Couple that with a stock of liquid yeasts and you could be onto a winner in terms of all grain business.

Yeah echo everything here, it would be the dream.

molc

On site bespoke crushing of grain in Dublin on brew day - talk about living the dream! I don't think I'd make another order online for grain if I knew I could get it that fresh.

The setup in that picture really is just the utter business!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Qs

I'd drive from Wicklow the day before brewday for a service like that.