• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:15:55 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Events

Started by johnrm, October 07, 2015, 07:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Info about non-NHC events that may be of interest to members

Will_D

Great idea but why limit it to non-NHC events.

Having all events inb one place will save having to search different threads.

For example if NCB are hosting an all-grain brewday do we put it localgroups/NCB and/or the all grain thread or what?

One place for events will be great!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

pob

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

pob

Feed me the dates & I'll add them.

I had most of the festivals (with links to their sites/tickets) on there during the summer.

Leann ull

It's probably better that all club reps have access to Wordpress Calendar so that they can enter themselves, is it possible to give them that access alone?
Disappointing thing is I don't actually believe anybody looks at that event calendar

pob

Yep, as contributors.

The calendar allows you to auto sync to your Google/iCal/phone calendars.

pob

Quote from: CH on December 15, 2015, 10:16:12 PM
It's probably better that all club reps have access to Wordpress Calendar so that they can enter themselves, is it possible to give them that access alone?
Disappointing thing is I don't actually believe anybody looks at that event calendar

I'm looking at a way to feed in event details direct from an iCal calendar, i.e. iPhone, iPad, etc

Would be a very handy way for club reps to add their events.

johnrm

@Will, I think my thinking at the time was that NHC events would be featured elsewhere on the site, possibly under each clubs board.
@pob, how to add the NHC calendar?

johnrm

Now that i see the other threads in here...
It was for the likes of festivals etc.

pob

Currently you'd need to logon to Wordpress & add an event.

Looking at setting it up where you could send it directly from your phone. Much handier.

johnrm

Sorry, how can I add the calendar to my phone?

pob

December 19, 2015, 12:25:15 PM #12 Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:45:53 AM by pob
On calendar page, click on 'broadcast' button.

Then choose your type. Go to your phones calendar & accept subscription. Events then populate into it.

(I'm also looking at getting it to do reverse/accept the feed from clubs reps phone)

johnrm

Excellent stuff pob!
Updates are probably doable if you add users with write access.

pob

I'm trying to keep it even easier, you'd set up a new calendar on your own phone, eg 'nhc' & anything added to that calendar would automatically feed directly into website's calendar.

That would then be seen by anyone else who had subscribed to the website's calendar.

Some of the club reps have write access already, would just need new passwords sent (needed after reinstall of Wordpress).