• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 22, 2024, 07:04:45 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

south kildare Brewhouse and clubhouse completed on schedule

Started by brenmurph, October 13, 2013, 11:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

With the exception of a scratch of paint here and there, the new building is done  SEE pics.

Featuring a fermenting chamber heated by the fridge heat and cooled by a guinness cooler when necessary the chamber has 1 compartment for conical or two for 33 liitre fermenters thermostatically controlled.
The mash is our usual foolproof system using PID controller and 35 litre boiler and mash bag system, controller is shown in pics. Pump is also in place beside the mash tun.
Hot water provided by gas allows exact controll of sparge water provided in real time.  The seating area doubles as Grain store which is completely mouse proof.
The building is mega insulated and is super warm and efficient featuring wood 1" clad in and out, fibreglass insulating and warm wrap breathable membrane.
Two keg serving fridge is in addition to our 7 keg lagerer / Kegerator.
Boil is done indoors thanks to our super sized industrial fan that will keep our  brewery steam free.

launching at the october weekend so all can come along to our famous brewdays....albeit a brew weekend this time. We are proud to announce we are having a weekender and will be serving our wide selection of kegged beer and wines, which are maturing nicely and are ready to drink.

Dont be shy try make it to our October bank holiday weekend for a quick visit or a weekend camping

Will_D

That looks awesome. Well done on the build and fit out!

Looking forward to seeing it but can't make the Oct BH weekend as social calendar is full!

Will be thinking of ye all sitting on the mouse proof grain stores sipping a few!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

Thanks lads, Shaw is Sat,  Kildare is Sun & Mon... brewing both days :) ;D

ColinC

JD

Now that's a proper man-cave. Well done Bren.
Can't make bank holiday weekend unfortunately. Real life intrudes.

Dunkel

Quote from: brenmurph on October 14, 2013, 11:22:33 AM
Thanks lads, Shaw is Sat,  Kildare is Sun & Mon... brewing both days :) ;D

I intend coming down on the Sunday with the missus, and camping overnight. Is that okay?

brenmurph

great Dunkel, :D we have campers on sat as well. Sunday we brewin at midday, we prob brew monday as well.

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I was there from Friday night and left about 9pm on Monday. It was a great weekend with fabulous hosts and an endless supply of beer, wine, food and fun. An that's before I got near Bren's whiskey collection.

Latest addition on Monday was a coors lite tap on the bar. Looks brilliant and works perfectly. Once the logo is changed it will be complete.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer