• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 11:03:15 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 28th January

Started by Bubbles, January 07, 2016, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Thanks for the offer molc, but I'm currently working through a backlog of hops from my brewing fridge.

I'm going for a base of Maris Otter, with either a buttload of Ahtanum or a buttload of Amarillo. Depends on how fresh they smell when I open them.

Probably will brew this in 2 weeks time.

Bubbles

Considerably later than expected, but my Maris Otter/Amarillo SMaSH is done. Using only one malt feels very strange to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. :)

molc

It's really fast to prepare though... :) think I was done in 5 hours on mine, from start to cleanup.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

craiclad

Quote from: Bubbles on February 28, 2016, 03:34:25 PM
Considerably later than expected, but my Maris Otter/Amarillo SMaSH is done. Using only one malt feels very strange to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. :)

Any chance we're going to taste this next meet? Seems like there's a few of us with SMaSH beers that should be ready soon enough!

Bubbles

Quote from: craiclad on March 04, 2016, 03:02:03 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on February 28, 2016, 03:34:25 PM

Any chance we're going to taste this next meet? Seems like there's a few of us with SMaSH beers that should be ready soon enough!

No, mine won't be ready anyway. We did say April to do the side-by-side tasting, but bring yours along to the next meet if you want.

I have a single hop beer that I can bring along, but there's more than one malt in it. It's actually a cream ale grain bill with a buttload of Cascade. I bottled it last night, a little bit harsh from the dry hop, but that should fade over the next few weeks.

molc

Yeah mine is aiming for April as well. Let's stick with that :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

David

Mine will need another few weeks before bottling. Hopefully at its best for April :-?