• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 29, 2024, 05:23:39 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday: 21st February - Mottly Brew Glasnevin

Started by Boycott, February 03, 2015, 08:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycott

Date: 21/2/15 10am start
Location: The Mottly Brew, 106 Lagan Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, D11.
Free to bring homebrew, hopefully pauls black rye ipa will be ready to taste from last months brewday!

If anyone wants to be the head brewer on the day let themselves be known. The ingredients and equipment should be available in the Mottly Brew on the day but its a good idea for us to give him a heads up.

1. DCBrewing

Hingo

I'm gonna put myself in as a maybe, Gonna see if I can sort out a lift as I might brew too. (Hope they don't mind me brewing a HBC Mash kit?  :o ) It's a bit far for me in a taxi with a full FV otherwise.

Anyone else in the meantime, feel free to take the reins and brew also, If i have a lift I can still bring my boiler etc.. for a second brew.

ferg

yep I might be on for this... doubt TOG will be sorted by then and am in desperate need of somewhere to brew

Boycott

No need for anyone to bring equipment. He is just missing a mash tun and i can bring my one. You can leave your FV out there and I or you can bottle her up some other day.

Hingo

Unfortunately I cant make this, Double booked myself! -just seen a FB event popup and I'd already signed up to go to howth for a mate's Birthday.

Boycott

Quote from: ferg on February 04, 2015, 01:25:12 PM
yep I might be on for this... doubt TOG will be sorted by then and am in desperate need of somewhere to brew
So are you volunteering to be headbrewer so?

Boycott

Boycott

Here was my recipe from yesterday,

Almond Stout:
3kg marris otter
2kg beechsmoked barley
.3kg melanodian
.3kg carafa ll
.3kg carafa lll
20g Apollo 60min
20g Apollo 30min
20g Apollo 15min
US04
OG 1.057
19L
I will be adding almond extract to taste before bottling.

Smelled great, had never used apollo before, i think i might use it for a ipa next.

Shane Phelan

Brew Log