• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 12:33:46 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Midlands Brewing Community t

Started by Damien M, May 01, 2013, 11:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien M

This is a test the water Post to see what interest there is in the Midlands for a Centrally located Sub Club.

I know there are Moate, Mullingar, Roscrea, Moneygall, Borrisakane ..... people here and wondering is there enough to justify a  request to head office for our own header in the Brewing Communities Section. As we are perhaps the most spread out, meetings could be moved North South East or West to share the commutes etc   

So like the group buys!!!  If you can copy the existing list below and add yerself and yer location to the botttom of your reply and comments .

• Damun   Roscrea

johnrm

Damien M

Thanks John,

Use it or loose it I suppose!

Hop Bomb

Can I be an away member? Im in Galway but am home in Roscrea every 4-6 weeks.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

johnrm

Of course.
Although you may need to show your true colors off there's s an inter-club brew off !

Damien M

Of course! I travel that way me self on a little longer frequency that yours so maybe some inter Club exchanges in the future!!   

Hop Bomb

Id probably have to pledge allegiance to Galway in that respect as I chose to live here & have done for 12 years.
When it comes to hurling though im a Tipp man always  ;D
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Damien M

I've a real mixed heritage meself: Dub originally to Galway for bit, back to Dublin and now in RosVagas, married to a Galwegian, so for the past few years AllIreland days are well covered.

Damofto

Not sure if I will have much time over the next few months I have a few things going on, but when things settle down I would be interested for sure.
It would be nice to have a club in the midlands.

Damien M

Not a bother! Keep and eye on the group and you can virtually attend ...... if we have a meet!!? ;D

Billythegypsy

Churchman

I live outside Thurles so i would be interested in joining the group lads  :)

johnrm

Good man Paddy, get stuck in!
Thanks for kegs, got home safe and sound.

Dodge

Hi Damien. Sorry for the very late reply. As you know I'd love to have our own homebrew club! I'd really like to meet up with you and have a few beers. My shift is all over the place. If you let me know what days your off, maybe I could organise to meet you? I know I'm a bit from you but I don't mind traveling to you. Just have to organise a cheap B and B.

Cheers Roger

Damien M

Not a problem!  Interest is building which is great.  We/me might put a few dates in here for a potential meet and see can we pick one that works for all.