• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 09, 2024, 06:00:43 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 28th January

Started by Bubbles, January 07, 2016, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackstrongjastro

Hi everyone,

My name is Jack, I am kind of new to the whole homebrewing scene. Me and my dad have made a few batches at home using extract and hop pellets. We also manged to grow some pioneer hops our back garden and made a nice malty IPA. I am in college at the moment and doing a project where I am building a temperature controlled fermentation chamber. It would be great if I could come along and talk to you guys and get some tips on brewing and maybe ask you some questions about your fermentation processes.

thanks  ;D

Leann ull

Plenty of guys that know their stuff there and very welcoming

Bubbles

Quote from: jackstrongjastro on January 25, 2016, 09:40:42 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Jack, I am kind of new to the whole homebrewing scene. Me and my dad have made a few batches at home using extract and hop pellets. We also manged to grow some pioneer hops our back garden and made a nice malty IPA. I am in college at the moment and doing a project where I am building a temperature controlled fermentation chamber. It would be great if I could come along and talk to you guys and get some tips on brewing and maybe ask you some questions about your fermentation processes.

thanks  ;D

You'll be very welcome, Jack. We normally kick off around 8pm in the lounge. We'll be doing pre-competition tasters so hopefully there will be a few good 'uns for you to sample.

bachus

Welcome aboard Jack. South Dublin Brewers is a excellent choice!
Dominik (bachus)

John_C

Don't think I'll make it. I'll arrange to collect my t-shirt some other time.

1. Bubbles - Porter, Bitter
2. Molc - Feb - ipa, cal common mk2, stout, citra ipa/amber
3. Lurchalicious - no beer - I prefer the 28th because I have the next day off  >:D.  But ill go with whatever.
4. bachus - cider,  mead
5. Craiclad - Oatmeal Stout, Irish Red Ale, Citra IPA
6. CC- Best Bitter

Shanna

Quote from: jackstrongjastro on January 25, 2016, 09:40:42 AM
Hi everyone,

thanks  ;D
Hi Jack,

Sounds good, hope to speak to about your project as it sounds cool. A lot of home brewers use Stc-1000 controllers with fridges & heat sources such as heat belts or old tungsten bulbs as a heat source. Currently doing a project with Rasberry pi + ds18b20 (one wire temp controller) to record & graph the fermentation temperature. Allows me to tinker with basic electronics & raspberry pi. Also allows me to try out some newer software technologies.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

3. Shanna - Jaggery Pale Ale (made with fenugreek and Jaggery cane sugar) my take on a Randy Mosher recipe.
4. Lurchalicious - no beer - I prefer the 28th because I have the next day off  >:D.  But ill go with whatever.
5. bachus - cider,  mead
6. Craiclad - Oatmeal Stout, Irish Red Ale, Citra IPA
7. CC- Best Bitter
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Just a reminder that if anyone wants me to take competition entries off them on Thursday night to PM me in advance. Cheers.

bachus

Quote from: Bubbles on January 25, 2016, 08:11:07 PM
Just a reminder that if anyone wants me to take competition entries off them on Thursday night to PM me in advance. Cheers.
I have x4 bottles, so I will PM you in advance to arrange.
Dominik (bachus)

David

3. Shanna - Jaggery Pale Ale (made with fenugreek and Jaggery cane sugar) my take on a Randy Mosher recipe.
4. Lurchalicious - no beer - I prefer the 28th because I have the next day off  >:D.  But ill go with whatever.
5. bachus - cider,  mead
7. CC- Best Bitter
8. David - Porter

David

Have to scrap the porter had a taste not ready (had pulled 2 bottles from the batch before adding oak chips a 2 weeks ago to compare when the rest was oaked.) so one bottle left I'll bring both to the next meet.

5. bachus - cider,  mead
7. CC- Best Bitter
8. David - no Beer

craiclad

Any of you fine folks have some DME you'd be willing to swap for a pint tomorrow? I've run out and need to get a starter going for the weekend brew.

Lurchalicious

Quote from: craiclad on January 27, 2016, 10:45:32 AM
Any of you fine folks have some DME you'd be willing to swap for a pint tomorrow? I've run out and need to get a starter going for the weekend brew.
How much are you looking for?  I have 875g of light dme

Shanna

3. Lurchalicious - no beer - I prefer the 28th because I have the next day off  >:D.  But ill go with whatever.
4. bachus - cider,  mead
5. Craiclad - Oatmeal Stout, Irish Red Ale, Citra IPA
6. CC- Best Bitter
7. David - no Beer

Sorry guys have to bail for tomorrow night. Have family visiting at short notice. Have to collect same from Heuston station @21:00 :( Craiclad will do a flying visit drop off your grain & save my beer till next month.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

craiclad

Quote from: Lurchalicious on January 27, 2016, 06:00:49 PM
Quote from: craiclad on January 27, 2016, 10:45:32 AM
How much are you looking for?  I have 875g of light dme

Enough for a 2 or 3 litre starter. So maybe like 300g?