• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon 2016

Started by irish_goat, January 10, 2016, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

January 10, 2016, 05:30:39 PM Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:40:49 PM by irish_goat
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Pleased to announce that BrewCon 2016 will be held in Dublin on Saturday 23rd April.

We will be aiming to build on last year's very successful event and make the event even more relevant and educational for homebrewers. Our theme will be "Pushing the Boundaries of Brewing" and will focus on helping brewers turn good beer, into great beer.

So save the date, 23rd April and maybe book the time off with your wife/husband/boss/parole officer. It is a busy weekend in the capital so I would advise looking into accommodation options as soon as possible as well.

Ticket info and speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.  I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Sláinte,
Thomas Carroll
NHC President

Leann ull

Pheeel

Issues with your membership? PM me!

brian_c

Bubbles

Any speakers confirmed at this point?

Leann ull

Quote from: irish_goat on January 10, 2016, 05:30:39 PM

Ticket info and speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.   

Bubbles

:-/ soz, don't know how I missed that..

giacomo

Great! Making my calendar busy around the entire weekend :)

Dr Jacoby

Really looking forward to this
Every little helps

Jacob

St. Fursey

Good stuff - looking forward to this!

Samael

Saved, but wife don't know yet :D
..::Tomasz::..

irish_goat

BrewCon 2016, Ireland's only homebrew conference aimed solely at all levels of brewers & brewing, is being held on Saturday April 23rd, at the historic Smock Alley Theatre.

The primary role of the NHC is to improve the standard of home brewed beer and this year's theme centres around "Pushing the Boundaries" of brewing and will focus on furthering our member's homebrew education, teaching them how to turn good beers, into great beers! 

This year, BrewCon 2016's keynote speaker will be Gordon Strong. Gordon is the current BJCP president and author of top selling homebrew books, Brewing Better Beer and Modern Homebrew Recipes. He is also the only three-time winner of the coveted
American Homebrew Association Ninkasi Award and as President of the BJCP, Gordon is the chief author of the new BJCP guidelines.

Tickets will be realised for a members presale on 23rd February 2016. Members of the public will then be able to purchase tickets from the 1st March 2016.   

Bubbles

Quote from: irish_goat on February 09, 2016, 03:09:29 PM
This year, BrewCon 2016's keynote speaker will be Gordon Strong. Gordon is the current BJCP president and author of top selling homebrew books, Brewing Better Beer and Modern Homebrew Recipes. He is also the only three-time winner of the coveted
American Homebrew Association Ninkasi Award and as President of the BJCP, Gordon is the chief author of the new BJCP guidelines.

Great work, lads. Gordon is home brewing royalty, it's fair to say.

johnrm

Slick site, but the timer is counting up!