• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:07 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon 2016

Started by irish_goat, January 10, 2016, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

Only other thing was a black scarf  didn't see any glasses left behind

lordstilton

Think I Left them in the "after party" in the porterhouse or maybe the "after, after party"  in Zaytoons

Leann ull

You were wearing them to avoid the paps? We only cover Smock

Bubbles

Quote from: pob on April 24, 2016, 12:01:30 PM
NigelC & Bubbles: must have been the chillies, eh!)

Great chilli beer, that...

I'm scarleh.........

Bubbles

Quote from: cruiscinlan on April 24, 2016, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: CH on April 24, 2016, 10:42:53 AM

You misplaced it alright I have your back though, nobody gets left behind, pm me with a contact number and address.

Speaking of the misplaced, anyone seen the attached? Not the former prez mind but his headgear?

All he's missing now is the beard....

Bubbles

Great day lads, massive props and thanks to all the organisers.

Few thoughts, now that the brain has started working again...

That venue is amazing. Even the food is excellent.

The standard of talks was excellent. As good as our American keynote speakers were, I was struck by the huge depth of knowledge that we have on our own doorstep. The future of BrewCon is assured, given the availability of quality contributors such as we saw yesterday.

It seems unfair to single out an individual speaker, but Bill Simpson's high energy delivery was a breath of fresh air in the late afternoon when everyone was beginning to flag with bellies full of beer and good grub.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but I'd love to see James Spencer from Basic Brewing at next years BrewCon. His educational approach is absolutely made for BrewCon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fobster

Here, here. I didn't know what to expect but Bill Simpson's talk while being technical was engaging, great delivery! That said I learned something from all the speakers. Another great day out with a great venue, great swag bag and the NHC crack team to help it along!

sub82

Definitely! Such a great day out - education, beer and catching up with folks. What more do you need?!

Now a permanent diary entry for all years.

irish_goat

Cheers for all the kind words, folks. Really makes it all worth it hearing the positivity on the day and afterwards. 

We will be sending out a quick survey to all attendees asking for feedback (positive and negative). Please do feel free to make suggestions on how to improve the day, suggest people we can chase for talks, or more broadly, suggest topics and we'll try and find relevant speakers.

Similarly, if anyone wants to get involved in organising we could always use a few more bodies.  :)

robotmonkey

It was said on the day that the slides from the talks would be available to download. Have these been posted anywhere?

pob

Quote from: robotmonkey on May 03, 2016, 03:28:47 PM
It was said on the day that the slides from the talks would be available to download. Have these been posted anywhere?
Not yet, getting permissions from all & then I'll post them up (hopefully next couple of days).

Bubbles

Quote from: pob on May 03, 2016, 03:33:17 PM
Quote from: robotmonkey on May 03, 2016, 03:28:47 PM
Not yet, getting permissions from all & then I'll post them up (hopefully next couple of days).

Any word on this, P? I'm keen to get another look at Dr J's water presentation.  :)

Dr Jacoby

Quote from: Bubbles on May 17, 2016, 11:15:07 AMAny word on this, P? I'm keen to get another look at Dr J's water presentation.  :)

Hey Bubbles, I have the slides ready to go but I was thinking that it might be good to combine them with the ones from last year to give a fuller picture.

I can send on what I have now or if you'd prefer to wait for the combined presentation I'll let you know when it's done.

I think I remember you saying that you have soft water in your area (South Dublin right?). I'll be brewing a lager this weekend if you want to drop down to Naas and see how I treat the water - it's pretty similar to yours.   
Every little helps

Bubbles

Thanks for the answering the SOS dude, I'll drop you a PM in a minute.

Ciaran

Quote from: Dr Jacoby on May 17, 2016, 11:21:33 AM
I have the slides ready to go but I was thinking that it might be good to combine them with the ones from last year to give a fuller picture.

Cool, I couldn't make last years.  Would be keen to see those.