• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:52:56 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewcon 2017 - possible speaker

Started by Dr Jacoby, June 21, 2016, 11:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

molc

Quote from: Bubbles on January 26, 2017, 09:31:56 AM
James Spencer next year lads, please........  :)
Do you have any contact with him? Could always put out feelers and see if there's interest... I'm sure the lads would appreciate any help in finding and making contact with speakers that the membership would love to see.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Bubbles

No, but I know he's very experienced at public speaking and these sorts of conventions.

Leann ull

January 26, 2017, 11:54:36 AM #17 Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:10:56 PM by CH
Quote from: irish_goat on January 26, 2017, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: CH on January 26, 2017, 02:42:58 AM
bump

Announcement coming very soon!

Ron is travelling to the US this year and his fees were a little outside our price range too...

Oh the Greedy Bastard(His Language), Pity as I heard he is quite good I'm sure he gave a free talk in the UK?  :P
Watching his twitter feed he is making quite a few bob in the US from his hobby, fair play to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jo698OGxAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAsc-d5EbM
You better not say fee too loudly as Dr J, Mr M and SA will be after you with an invoice ;)

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

We are getting Pete Brown (author) over for the Beoir cider competition later this year. He's a good speaker. I can't speak to his rates as Steve Lamond is organising it but I'm promised it won't be extortionate. I can find out if there's any interest.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

garciaBernal

An Irish guy called Rory Lawton who was on the recent BeerSmith podcast seems extremely well spoken and knowledgeable when it comes to brewing and brewing history. He's based in Germany but I'm sure he wouldn't mind a trip home. I would second Ron Pattinson also, good call. Else splash the cash on Tonsmeire! 
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

irish_goat

Quote from: garciaBernal on February 01, 2017, 11:30:02 AM
An Irish guy called Rory Lawton who was on the recent BeerSmith podcast seems extremely well spoken and knowledgeable when it comes to brewing and brewing history. He's based in Germany but I'm sure he wouldn't mind a trip home. I would second Ron Pattinson also, good call. Else splash the cash on Tonsmeire! 

Tonsmeire is off to New Zealand early this year but is keen to come over in the future. Will look up Rory though.

Quote from: Saruman on February 01, 2017, 11:19:29 AM
We are getting Pete Brown (author) over for the Beoir cider competition later this year. He's a good speaker. I can't speak to his rates as Steve Lamond is organising it but I'm promised it won't be extortionate. I can find out if there's any interest.

Yeah would appreciate that cheers.

Qs

Quote from: garciaBernal on February 01, 2017, 11:30:02 AM

Yeah I was thinking the same when I was listening. He was quite interesting.

Dr Jacoby

There's only one Rory worth bothering about  :P
Every little helps

Leann ull

LASERBOY147

How about a live link with a guest speaker  in another country instead of flying over, pay for a media technician to set up a link for a session of pre asked Q&A's .
And/or
A speaker from an English brewery on yeast strains/history
&
A local speaker on Big beer recipe building and fermentation.  I.e aeration / starters etc
I'd personally like to here from a speaker all of the problems in brewing & fermentation they have encountered and what they did to correct them. Focusing on balance in recipes and problems with fermentation. Useful practical advice etc

Ciaran

Jonnycheech

Quote from: Ciaran on February 24, 2017, 12:13:56 PM
Plenty of ideas for potential speakers here for 2018

https://www.homebrewcon.org/schedule/speakers/

Impressive list of seminars! Impressive price list too, $205-$330! Would love to make it there some year.
Tapped: FES, NEIPA, CocoIMS, Flanders 2018, Passion Fruit/Peach BW
Fermentors: Raspberry Wheat, Session IPA
Bottled: Cherry Lambic 2019

Leann ull

Some of minor talks aren't great I've seen a few online
It's a 3k trip
1K air ticket
1k hotel and meals and entry
1k stainless in excess baggage

Jonnycheech

Tapped: FES, NEIPA, CocoIMS, Flanders 2018, Passion Fruit/Peach BW
Fermentors: Raspberry Wheat, Session IPA
Bottled: Cherry Lambic 2019

brian_c

Quote from: Ciaran on February 24, 2017, 12:13:56 PM
Plenty of ideas for potential speakers here for 2018

https://www.homebrewcon.org/schedule/speakers/
At least one spoofer on that list.

Sent from my phone, please excuse the typos.