• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 05:19:45 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

National Brewing Championships 2021

Started by mick02, July 30, 2020, 10:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick02

July 30, 2020, 10:24:25 AM Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:41:31 PM by mick02 Reason: Update
***UPDATE***
I realisied that I posted this via email but never actually updated this thread. Below is the information that went out on the last post...

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Covid severely affected our plans to host the Nationals last year.

This is our flagship competition and we are determined to host it in some form or other this year. We have come up with a plan that will involve brewers sending their entries to a central location (TBC).

If social distancing rules have relaxed by then we will run the competition as before where we will invite members to judge and steward in person like before.

If Covid rears its ugly head again then we have a contingency plan where we will send the bottles to judges and run the competition remotely.

If we are forced to run the competition remotely then the judging will take place over a number of weeks. We have had discussions with others that have run competitions remotely and this seems to be the most successful model.

With all that in mind I would invite you to save the following date in your calendars. The NHC Nationals will be held (or commence) on Saturday September 18th 2021. 

***While we will endeavour to do our best to host the competition this year please note that these plans are subject to change if the club has to deal with unforeseen circumstances***

If you want to know more about what categories you should enter you beer in just click here for a fairly in depth post by SlugTrap
NHC Committee member

BeermanB)

Is the Championships still going ahead? If not will there be a online competition?

mick02

Quote from: BeermanB) on December 30, 2020, 09:44:37 PMIs the Championships still going ahead? If not will there be a online competition?
There will be a competition in 2021 but we are looking to postpone the competition from March until late Autumn/Early Winter. We will post more information once there are more concrete plans.
NHC Committee member

BeermanB)

Tom

Definitely entering this year. It's not like I don't have time!  :P

bartonj

mick02

Nothing confirmed yet. I will discuss this with the committee this week and give a firm date
NHC Committee member

bartonj

bartonj

mick02

I'll be sending an email in the next day or two with more info.
NHC Committee member

bartonj

Hi Mick, Just wondering if the nationals are going ahead?

mick02

Quote from: bartonj on August 22, 2021, 12:25:39 PMHi Mick, Just wondering if the nationals are going ahead?
Hi, recently I spoke to some of the members that were heavily involved in running the nationals previously to have a discussion about this year's event. The general consensus was that no one had the capacity to organize the event and there were concerns again that with the rise in covid cases that it would end up being postponed again. With this in mind I seriously don't think the comp will go ahead in 2021 and we will regather and run it in 2022
NHC Committee member

DEMPSEY

An update though will be made later this year so that brewing plans can be put in place for long conditioning beers
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Slev

Hi,

I don't want to interrupt the volunteer list for the possible 2022 nationals - but what is involved/required / expected in "volunteering" for the nationals?

Slev

johnrm