• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 06:31:55 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Canadian Blonde

Started by Danny(00833827), June 23, 2013, 02:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunkel

Or you could get the Canadian Blonde to wear the tights and then stick your marbles down the front  :o

LordEoin

Quote from: Dunkel on July 02, 2013, 09:47:28 PM
Or you could get the Canadian Blonde to wear the tights and then stick your marbles down the front  :o
You'd likely get a wild yeast infection that way..

Danny(00833827)

you could end up with worts - :'(
Ferm.: Pear Wine
Cond.: Cider
Bottled: Helles Lager, Pumpkin Ale
To Brew: Ginger Ale

Danny(00833827)

ok so today i added some hops - 25g of cascade - i also moved to a secondary because tomoro i will start another brew. I know it is not deemed necessary - had read plenty of for and against arguments but i figured I will do it at least to free up the FV for another brew. i tried not to splash it and introduce oxygen - to start with there was slight splashing but im hoping that this will not affect things. i added a marble to the bag, it still floated to the top :-( plan to leave it a week and will bottle next saturday or sunday.

So its still a little cloudy, i kind of expected that - but it sure smells like beer and although i didnt properly taste it, its beer alright. :-)

im planing 3 or 4 weeks in the bottles. first week at the current room temp of 19-20 degrees, then i will move them to a cave i have thats a lot less than that, prob 12 or so.

LordEoin

If it smells like beer and tastes like beer, you're doing it right.
Don't worry about the hops still floating, just leave them now and put more weight the next time.
I once used every teaspoon in the house as weight, and the bollox was still floating   ::)

Danny(00833827)

ok so im planning to bottle this weekend. So recap, its been 2 weeks in primary, then 1 in a secondary dry hoping - so now to bottles for a while,  till the August Bank Holiday weekend I hope when I would like to try it, if its likely to be ready that is - was gonna leave where it is for a week (in this weather the lower temp that had been in the room is now up around 25 unfortunately) - then a dark cool basement for another 2 weeks

The secondary is a water cooler bottle, so its about 19 litres - so i figured I would use - 120-130g of brown sugar (going by one of the online calculators ) in a half litre of water - how does all this sound?

Chris

Sounds good but I would just use regular sugar of dextrose, brown sugar can give strong flavours and is usually used in darker beers. When I last made the Canadian blonde kit I was able to try it after a week, it was perfect after 2 weeks and it was gone after 4 weeks.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Danny(00833827)

Thanks Chris, regular Sucra it is so. Looking forward to completing the brew process for the first time.

Danny(00833827)

And we are in the bottles!! Very satisfying to clamp the caps on and see the results of the work. Had a mini disaster when I knocked over the last 6 bottles before I got them capped -  in a effort to get the last of the beer out of the vessel - I was rushing and didn't have take care on what I was doing:-( but it smells and tastes good to roll on August bank hol weekend when I hope to try them!!

Dunkel

From experience (my son's brew) of the Canadian Blonde it is drinkable after two weeks in bottle. But have a further bottle per day for the following two weeks - the difference between two weeks and four weeks in bottle is amazing  :) Trouble is, it disappears very quickly ...

Danny(00833827)

just cracked my first bottle of this - I'm very happy with it - great start to my brewing.

the cascade aroma suits it well, very nice brew.