• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:43:10 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

brew on sunday

Started by rebel, January 23, 2015, 05:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

brew on at Franciscan well on sunday at 8am

dcalnan

Can anyone go to these, ive yet to see all grain brewing in person so might be a bit of an education for me.

johnrm

As far as I know it's kosher.
Wander along, they're a good bunch!

iBrau

Yeah definitely come along to the brew tomorrow,  it should be a really good one.
Three of us are doing a brew off - competing to do the best Northern English Brown ale. Stevie and Jason are doing 3 vessel brews on the gas burners and I'll have my electric brew in a bag system. I'm using some home roasted malts in my brew and I'm thinking of splitting my batch to ferment with two different yeast strains.

The brew days start early - usually before 9am, and should be all finished up around 2.
Tomorrow is one of our monthly big brews so everyone is welcome. There will be plenty of chatting about the equipment and methods etc. so come along and ask lots of questions! :-)

iBrau

February 02, 2015, 08:21:34 PM #4 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:56:01 AM by iBrau
We had a great turnout last week at the brew off, thanks to everyone for coming along.

Attendance on the day: Ger, Brian, Sean, Steve, Jason, Daire, Barry, Joe, Dan, Tony, Peter, and myself.

Some pictures of the day below...
Some of the gang

Jason and Steve both running off to their kettles

Near the end of my mash. Brew-bag after falling in to the mash... oops!

My electric setup holding the mash temperature.

Great lunch, thanks to Ger and Brian for doing the shopping.

My brown ale fermenting away with 3 different yeasts. Fermentis safale s04, Danstar Windsor and Mangrove Jacks M03.

DEMPSEY

Keep us informed on how they progress as I am interested  in how your Windsor yeast performs :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

iBrau

Will do Dempsey.
I'll be bottling this weekend so will let you know how the Windsor got on. I'm curious too myself as Windsor has a reputation as a poor attenuator. Similar stories with the Mangrove Jacks yeast.

johnrm

I used Windsor before in a HobGoblin clone.
Finished a bit high, but really tasty as I recall.