• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 10:59:09 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wee Vs Royal Brew na Bóinne

Started by helmet, June 29, 2016, 06:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellie

Have you got judges organised?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

helmet

Quote from: Kellie on July 23, 2016, 09:23:01 PM
Have you got judges organised?

We have an agreement from NCB that we'll get judges. We're probably looking at about 15-20 beers, so we only need a few. That said, if you want to come along ...........

Kellie

Yes we would be up for it, Brendan defo. We here in Brú Pub in Newbridge just talking to Darragh about the day. If you don't need us we might just pop along to say hello if ok :)

Will_D

I'd say 4 judges max. I will ask the NCBers who wants in, many thanks for the offer of help - I will let you know soon.

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

Well I am afraid to say the response so far from the NCB is Zero.

I will be available to judge and it would be great if Bren and Kellie can also. We just need one more judge.

Also 1 steward and the organiser (who knows what beers are what) are needed.

Cheers

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Kellie

Brendan can judge but not me as I will be driving over and back. I can steward no problem :)
So you need 2 more judges :)

Kellie

I have just realised that this competition is on Saturday 27th August. I thought it was Saturday 13th August! We are unfortunately not available as we have already committed to go on the Beoir camping weekend!
I am so sorry, I read the initial thread wrong!
Cheers Kellie

helmet

Not to worry, we'll figure something out. Any other potential judges out there fancy a day trip?

IrishBeerSnob

Judging crisis has been averted.

Anyone who fancies a spin out to visit Bru, can you please let us know here so we can confirm numbers with them in advance.

Thanks
Wayne Dunne

Fermenting - SMaSH Amarillo West Coast IPA
Conditioning -
Drinking-

http://www.irishbeersnob.com My Blog - Irish Beer Snob

helmet

Just a quick reminder to register before the 13th. If anyone is pushed for time, or needs information on entries just pm me.

Entries so far have included:

Cherries
Passion fruit
Grapefruit
Apricots
Blackcurrents
Raspberries

Keep them coming!

helmet

Quote from: helmet on August 02, 2016, 12:29:56 PM
Just a quick reminder to register before the 13th. If anyone is pushed for time, or needs information on entries just pm me.

Entries so far have included:

Cherries
Passion fruit
Grapefruit
Apricots
Blackcurrents
Raspberries

Keep them coming!
We can now add peach & ginger and red grapefruit to the list.
Don't forget to register by Saturday. Fantastic prizes on the line, you have to be in it to win it!

pete.23

Dan,

As mentioned, I have Kiwit wheat beer

Pete

helmet

We're currently at 17 entries ahead of Saturday's competition. There's a veritable fruit bowl of beer to be had! The registration date for entries has passed, but in reality if anyone wants to enter at this stage and is willing to bring their beer on the day or get it to their rep beforehand, work away.
Just a quick reminder of the prizes on offer.......
Best Beer will win a brew day with Brú, a 25kg bag of malt and 100g of citra courtesy of Motley Brew and a €50 voucher from The Homebrew Company.
Runner-up will get a 100g bag of citra from Motley Brew and a €50 voucher from The Homebrew Company.
The club with the best average score will get a 25kg bag of malt from Loughrans, to be divvied up or used for a club brew.

nigel_c

Looks like some really interesting beers. Enjoy the day.

helmet

August 28, 2016, 08:56:17 AM #29 Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:41:43 AM by helmet
A great day had by all! A big thanks to Brú for hosting, Thehomebrewcompany, Loughrans and Motley Brew for ponying up prizes, our four very dedicated judges and also Irish Beersnob for helping bring the whole thing together.

Wee County's Colm took the gold with his amazing Orange IPA and I was lucky enough to come away with silver for my mango pale ale.

Royal County beat us to the best average score, well done lads we'll be gunning for you next year!

On a side note, huge congratulations to Crónán and Niall for taking gold and silver in Capital's Speciality IPA category, Colm for getting bronze in the American IPA category and Crónán again for getting BOS silver. As Acott said on Whatsapp "A great day for the parish"!
Someone's getting the sack over that masking tape!