• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:32:45 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

MJ M54 Californian Lager Trial from Homebrewest.

Started by Greg2013, December 14, 2015, 05:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on December 04, 2015, 05:56:12 PM
The M54 Californian Lager promises to ferment lagers and pilsners at room temperature, and no lagering period is required either. We would like to give 5 of these to each club to try out . . . just place an order and send an email asking us to add them as before. Lets keep it simple this time!

Just saw this post from Homebrewwest. It looks as if they are giving 5 trials of the California yeast to each club. If so I'd like to give it a whirl.

Note: I knicked the text from Capital Brewers thanks lads :P

I will start a list in the next reply,i will be putting in an order soonish with HBW and will request the five yeast packs then,i think that's what i am supposed to do anyway,if not someone let me know. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

ac13

I'll take one if no-one else wants one, never done a lager before so here's my excuse !

1) Greg2013
2) ac13

Greg2013

Ac13 introduce yourself boss so i know who and where you are :P

This is still up in the air atm, waiting to hear am i supposed to collect all five or is it up to the individual.

ac13

Quote from: Greg2013 on December 15, 2015, 05:15:37 PM
Ac13 introduce yourself boss so i know who and where you are :P

This is still up in the air atm, waiting to hear am i supposed to collect all five or is it up to the individual.

Waterford based as well (Portlaw), started on some kit hacks earlier this year and progressed onto AG BIAB recently (Coffee Stout and DIPA from HBC). Planning to try my first non-pre-packed kit over xmas - its a jackhammer clone.

Greg2013

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on December 16, 2015, 10:45:30 AM
Hi Greg,
We just need one order per club, and an email asking us to add the 5 yeasts. Up to the club to organise this and distribute.

Cheers,

Brian

ColdTurkey

googoomuck

Only seeing this now, I'll take one as well please.

Greg2013

I let this ride to see if there was any more interest in it. I did not manage to put in an order since myself due to various reasons. As it is near the end of Feb 2016 now i don't know if HBW would still be willing to send out the five packs of M54 to the SE Club,however i have just sent them a pm on here to see what the story is,fingers crossed we can still get these for review.  ;D

The reason i am revisiting this thread is that i need to get some lager malt used up but not having ferm chamber anymore it kinda seems like and ideal opportunity to try this yeast. I will be putting in a very small order next week with HBW so hopefully i can still get the M54 for the club,apologies for not following up on this but some issues got in the way. ;D

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: Greg2013 on February 28, 2016, 10:47:54 AM
I let this ride to see if there was any more interest in it. I did not manage to put in an order since myself due to various reasons. As it is near the end of Feb 2016 now i don't know if HBW would still be willing to send out the five packs of M54 to the SE Club,however i have just sent them a pm on here to see what the story is,fingers crossed we can still get these for review.  ;D

The reason i am revisiting this thread is that i need to get some lager malt used up but not having ferm chamber anymore it kinda seems like and ideal opportunity to try this yeast. I will be putting in a very small order next week with HBW so hopefully i can still get the M54 for the club,apologies for not following up on this but some issues got in the way. ;D
Hi Greg, pure luck I can across this . . . . there is no PM.

But the offer still stands, just be sure to email the lads when you place your order to ask them to add the yeasts.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Greg2013

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on February 28, 2016, 07:14:24 PM
Quote from: Greg2013 on February 28, 2016, 10:47:54 AM

Hi Greg, pure luck I can across this . . . . there is no PM.

But the offer still stands, just be sure to email the lads when you place your order to ask them to add the yeasts.

Actually sent it via email through the link on your profile but thank you for responding so promptly. ;D