• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 08:56:44 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

1st midlands brew day

Started by Dodge, July 06, 2013, 01:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge

Hi all midland brewers.

Got me thinking on what's the interest in a brew day on Sat 31st Aug?

It would be an all grain brew.
Location my place.
All attending could help with formulating the recipe under my guidance for those not too sure.
Result brew will be split to all helping.
BBQ on the day.
Camp over to enjoy home brew into the night
Invite goes out to my Liffey brewers!

Let me know what you think.

Dodge

lordstilton

That's the day I fly out to texas Rodger so unfortunately I Won't be able to make it

Damien M

Fair play Dodge. Count me in. The Midlands Branch lives :D

Dodge

Just checking and I'm off for a week over the beginning of August so the 10th could work out aswell if not better for me.

How does this look for you all?

lordstilton

Damofto

Great idea Dodge, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make the 10th. I'm going to the Liverpool v Celtic game.

Damien M

It would have to be later in the month for me to make it.....  I'm away the first 2 weeks! But keep the thread going we'll find a date that suits most!!

Dodge

Ok Damun and Damofto, would you be up for a brew day and tasting on the Sat 31?  Camp over as well with a fab BBQ?

Other midland brewers don't be shy. Don't have to stay over if you don't want to

Damofto

Sounds great Dodge, probably won't camp but I will get a lift home so that I can have a few beers.

Dodge

Damofto, that's fine. It was just to keep the midlands club going. If there is any style or beer you want to brew on the day let me know.

Dodge

Damien M

Dodge

For those thinking of the 10 Aug. I'm brewing an unusual beer. A black barley wine. Something to keep and treasure. Don't be afraid to join me and others on the day

brenmurph

wat time u kicking off?

do u have everything u need? should I / we bring anything to help?  A stack of garden chairs / gazebo  air beds????  or ar under control?

Dodge

I might start just after lunch, don't want to be busy all the way into the night.

I'm assuming all that want to stay over have what is needed. Maybe an extra couple of chairs won't be any harm. I might pick up a gazebo on my days off.

I think I have all covered. Just hope all can also bring some home brew.

Anything else you think I may need feel free to give me a shout

lordstilton

Any ideas of numbers yet Rodger? I was thinking of bringing along the smoker and firing on a shoulder..If the numbers are small it might be over kill