• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:27:21 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Fried STC1000?? Advice needed

Started by 4beer, July 22, 2017, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4beer

Hi guys,

I recently bought an STC 1000 and was setting it up so I could use it to control a fermentation fridge. I wired it as per the attached diagram. When I switched it on it switched on the heater circuit (as expected due to lower that target temp) but almost immediately the unit shut down and everything went blank. I disconnected everything and just reconnected the power cable and tried to restart but no luck.

Can anyone advise if my STC1000 is FRIED or can I do something to bring it back to life, internal fuse possibly!!?????

Dave

Ceedee

It's unlikely to be an overloaded fuse as a 3amp fuse needs something in the 700W range to blow and assuming you have one of those small tubular heaters they are only 45W.

Can you post a picture of how you've wired it up and I'll compare to mine.

Fal

Did you buy it on adverts? I bought one before advertised as 24v but it was only 12v. I wired it up and the same thing happened to me.
...used to be NewBier

4beer

Quote from: Ceedee on July 22, 2017, 11:34:27 PM
It's unlikely to be an overloaded fuse as a 3amp fuse needs something in the 700W range to blow and assuming you have one of those small tubular heaters they are only 45W.

Can you post a picture of how you've wired it up and I'll compare to mine.

Hi Ceedee,

The diagram I used for the set up can be found at the link below. Seems like a good set-up but would appreciate your input.

Thanks

D

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiUqaOBv6HVAhUBWxoKHRItCz4QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stilldragon.org%2Fdiscussion%2F55%2Fstc-1000-temp-controller&psig=AFQjCNF7SaxVle7D8rwKe-pJkUPWky-yTw&ust=1500838953185691

4beer

Quote from: Fal on July 23, 2017, 07:43:21 PM
Did you buy it on adverts? I bought one before advertised as 24v but it was only 12v. I wired it up and the same thing happened to me.

Hi Fal,

No, bought it on Amazon.

Ceedee

Same diagram I used for mine and it works fine. Is yours 110 vs 240V by any chance ? Check the plug fuses in the STC and heater, just to be sure.

Do you have a photo of how it's connected up ?