• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 12:34:45 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BJCP Tasting Course 2018

Started by Partridge9, April 16, 2018, 09:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partridge9

Still 3 or 4 unpaid ..

I am presuming that the days no longer suit or something... course is a week away and have to confirm beer numbers

If you are interested and just forgot to pay - ping me ASAP

Thanks

James

Ceedee

Am I one of the unpaid? I realised that even though I said on here I couldn't attend, I didn't remove my name from the list, apologies for this if I'm one of the ones you've been chasing down.

CH

Nope your name was removed.

James do you want to pm those who haven't paid at this point as beer needs to be ordered during the week yeah? Let me know if you need a hand with any of the logistics.

KDeath

Will the student area be available before the classes kick off?

Pheeel

Quote from: KDeath on September 04, 2018, 11:22:05 AM
Nope, we're actually opening the pub so you couldn't get in beforehand!
Issues with your membership? PM me!

molc

Quote from: Pheeel on September 04, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

I think he means the Google Drive with the student materials?

We're still pulling together all the material, so it will be just before or after the first class.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Qs

Pheeel

Quote from: molc on September 04, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
Quote from: Pheeel on September 04, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

I think he means the Google Drive with the student materials?

We're still pulling together all the material, so it will be just before or after the first class.

Ahhh ;)

Pheeel

Partridge9

Anyone Know Cris Moore ? He is all paid but I have no email / contact

Please PM me so I can add you to the circulars

JDC

Just wanted to say thanks to all involved for putting this course together and making it happen.  I for one learned a hell of a lot, and tried styles and beers that I have never had before.  The Belgians was a great way to finish on Saturday and it's hard to believe that seven enjoyable and informative weeks have come to a close.

I know that there are loads of people involved to thank, but special thanks to Andrew for the off flavours (not necessarily enjoyable, but certainly informative) and of course James for putting the whole thing together.  My thanks to all who played a part.

We'll see ye all for the exam in March.
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

mick02

Quote from: JDC on October 22, 2018, 01:37:50 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all involved for putting this course together and making it happen.  I for one learned a hell of a lot, and tried styles and beers that I have never had before.  The Belgians was a great way to finish on Saturday and it's hard to believe that seven enjoyable and informative weeks have come to a close.

I know that there are loads of people involved to thank, but special thanks to Andrew for the off flavours (not necessarily enjoyable, but certainly informative) and of course James for putting the whole thing together.  My thanks to all who played a part.

We'll see ye all for the exam in March.
Yeah, despite my rather poor attendance I'd just like to echo Jonathans thoughts above. Well organised and well run course.

Sorry I could only make a small amount of them. Thanks to the organisers for their hard work and to Brew Dock for the use of the premises.

I'm hoping that my poor attendance will not affect my exam score in March!!!
NHC Committee member

Andrew

Just an FYI- I did mention to the other organisers that I would be happy to do a refresher of the sensory session before the exam, this time a little more focused (6 flavours rather than 12), if there is any interest.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

Partridge9

I think it was one of the best courses we've had, the students were engaged - I think we will get a great crop of judges out of it

I'll start a thread for the tasting exam