• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 13, 2024, 03:41:18 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Colm from Rush

Started by ColmR, January 02, 2013, 04:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColmR

Hi all, been brewing for a little over a year now. Started out with a couple of kits, then did five or six Extract brews, and my last 5 beers have been all grain.

I'm absolutely loving this hobby (obsession) but I've not yet joined any clubs or message boards. Would love to enter competitions and get advice/feedback from other brewers.

Will_D

Welcome Colm

Please check out the North County forum.

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=NorthCountyBrewers

You are more than welcome to our last meetup sometime in January

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Padraic

QuoteWould love to enter competitions and get advice/feedback from other brewers.

Entering the competition is  agreat way to get honest feedback from those judging the beers. The North County brewers meetup that Will linked to above also would be a great place to bring a sample along to get some feedback. There is nothing like a bit of help from someone more experienced in brewing!

ColmR

Thanks lads. Definitely going to enter the competition and look forward to meeting up with Will and the others.

You're dead right about feedback though. I've brewed lots of different styles and now want to really dial in a couple of standard recipes. But for me I'm not sure how I can trust my pallet and find out what if anything to tweak. It also doesn't help when other people who I share my beer with are afraid to hurt my feelings when giving feedback. And they're probably only familiar with stout and lagers.

Brissieboiler

Good man our!
I too am from rush, although I live in Oz. What part are ya from? And are ya still brewing?