• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:11:08 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 23rd February

Started by Bubbles, February 09, 2017, 09:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

A very gentle tilt to get yeast back into suspension when it's warm, a shake and you'll oxidise your beer.

Imho anybody bottling really should also put one in plastic to confirm carbonation has occurred

craiclad

Not sure I'll be able to make it this month unfortunately, scheduling conflict. Have fun guys!

CC

Ah jaysus CH you're really worrying me know... I've been nursing this feckin beer for the guts of 2 months and now you tell me I might have wrecked it!!!!!
Definitely I was closer to a shake than a gentle tilt on the rousing spectrum..  ???

I will weep a little if this one gets ruined in the last 7 days of a 9 week schedule
Brewing- what a pain in the.....

Leann ull

Wet cardboard, is what to look out for, club Motto, "It'll be grand"

CC

The flat bottle tasted lovely... just flat...
I'd be raging if it was wet cardboard or sherry like now after me rattling it about...
Anyways hopefully the club motto comes to my rescue!!

David

Was hoping to make a return this week but am laid up in bed with viral infection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Emot

Can't make it this week lads, beer's prob not ready anyway so will leave it till the next one

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

molc

Jesus, who put the rocket fuel in the brews tonight :) I'm phished!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

CC

dukeellington

I was just going to say I'm remarkably fresh this morning!

CC

CC

some nice beer last night lads...loved bubbles Amber and Shanna's stout needs nothing more than a bit of nitro (great roasted flavour- maybe strong is onto something!)
also really found the taste comparisons on the different 7.5% beers very interesting... on the hoppier one i was perceiving a totally different alcohol warmth/flavour on my palate... CH's NEIPA experiment with the different yeasts highlights  the same fundamental principle of brewing/recipe design....
.. all 4 of the ingredients that make a beer interact to produce the overall flavour..... so all 4 ingredients must be in balanced in harmony, complementing each other...

seems obvious but i find it can be very easy to think i want more hop flavour so i'll add a tonne more hops... when actually you also have to consider the water, yeast and malt and how they'll get you what you want