• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:23:06 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

NHC v AHA

Started by mick02, May 30, 2018, 07:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

molc

*thumbs up*

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

mick02

Just got the following from John Moorehead from the AHA ...

QuoteGood feedback so far. So is the plan to have this competition next year after Nationals Final Round? Our final round will be in June, so it'd have to be sometime in August to allow for rebrew. If we do the first round, that'd open up the entry count but would include winners from all 12 sites. If we do the Final Round, we could choose the top 3 medal winners in those categories to enter. 15A and 15B are in the same category, 18B and 21A are in different categories, giving us 9 entries total (3 from each).

If it's such a small competition, I'd say we'd look to have higher ranking judges (national and up) judge the competition for prestige. As far as travel is concerned, that's something that would have to be decided by Gary Glass, the AHA Director. However, if we can finalize a legitimate plan in the coming week, our annual planning meeting is next week and I can present this idea to the group.

So the idea was that we would have the National medal winners in the categories that we are competing in to submit their entries for this competition as well as having maybe 3 wildcard entries. Any feedback is welcome. I will be replying to John tomorrow afternoon so if you have comments please let me know before then.

Mick
NHC Committee member

Quiet_Man

Great job Mick and sounds like a workable plan to allow the comp to get off the ground.

Andy

Shanna

Any idea of the time frame for this?

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

mick02

I'd say it will be August 2019 but talks are still at a very early stage still.
NHC Committee member

Shanna

Ah so would probably need to repeat the trick of winning another medal in next year's competition then. Good love a challenge 😁. Time to make stout, practice makes perfect.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

mick02

Just to let you all know that this is not dead it's just proving to be an extremely slow process. Got the following from the AHA this morning ...

QuoteHey Mick,

Sorry for the getting back to you so delayed. I pitched the idea to Gary, my manager, and waiting to hear back his initial thoughts. I think it has potential to create some great competition between clubs (if the Ryder Cup format is ever reached) and grow the connections between the international homebrewing community and the U.S. homebrewing community.

I'll update you soon!
John
NHC Committee member

Pheeel

Quote from: mick02 on October 19, 2018, 08:04:17 PM
Just to let you all know that this is not dead it's just proving to be an extremely slow process. Got the following from the AHA this morning ...

QuoteHey Mick,

Sorry for the getting back to you so delayed. I pitched the idea to Gary, my manager, and waiting to hear back his initial thoughts. I think it has potential to create some great competition between clubs (if the Ryder Cup format is ever reached) and grow the connections between the international homebrewing community and the U.S. homebrewing community.

I'll update you soon!
John

Nice!
Issues with your membership? PM me!