• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:45:29 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Sweetmans Perpetual Cup 2018

Started by IrelOFarrell, June 08, 2018, 09:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrelOFarrell

Hi boys and girls, following on from our competition last year we are back with another chance for you guys to win some tasty prizes with your even tastier home brews.

This years Compition will take place on August 24th with Saison (25B) and Biere de Garde (24C) being this year's styles.

Terms and Conditions
1. Open to all amateur home brewers over 18 years of age.
2. All entries must be handcrafted using ingredients available to the general public using private equipment by hobby brewers (ie no use of commerical facilities or supplies).
3. A single entry consists of 4 330ml or 3 500ml bottles free of any identifying marks, ink, paint or labels, submitted with an entry form available from our website.
4. All entries must be of good drinkable quality, free from irritants, chemicals or other substances which may cause harm.
5. Only styles Saison (25B) and Biere de Garde (24C) may be submitted.
6. All entries for must be submitted by 7pm Friday 24th of August.
7. The overall winner will be announced on the night at our live judging event.
8. All entries will be judged using the BJCP scoresheet.
9. Bottles will not be returned.
10.Entry into this Competition shall be deemed to be a full and unconditional acceptance by the
entrant of these Terms and Conditions.
11. The judges decisions are final.

Best in show will get to brew their beer at Kildare Brewing Company and have it on sale at Sweetmans along with a 3 course dinner for 2 at Sweetmans and €100 voicher for the bar, with a bunch of other prizes for 2nd and 3rd place as well as spot prizes a few other goodies and several Cask beers from some of your favourite Irish brewers.

For any additional information feel free to contact ireledward@gmail.com

Entry forms will be available from our social media platforms in the upcoming weeks.

Will_D

Sounds great!!

Its free to enter then as no mention of fees!!  8) 8)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

IrelOFarrell

Rosmucman

Will you except fruited or mixed fermentation versions?

IrelOFarrell

Yup! Make 'em as zany as you like once they stay true to the spirit of Saison or Biere de Garde.

Simon_

Quote from: IrelOFarrell on June 10, 2018, 05:42:05 PM
Yup! Make 'em as zany as you like once they stay true to the spirit of Saison or Biere de Garde.

Quote from: IrelOFarrell on June 10, 2018, 05:42:05 PM
5. Only styles Saison (25B) and Biere de Garde (24C) may be submitted.

Bit of a contradiction here. Are they being judged against the BJCP guidelines? 25B and 24C wouldn't be inline with fruited or mixed fermentation beers

raymurph

Hi, looking forward to the competition, where can I download entry forms?

Daves Beer/Ale

I am new to home brewing. Up to now I have bought kits (That is everything I need in a pouch, Just added yeast and water). So I am wondering if that is OK to enter the competition.

Daves Beer/Ale

Where do I get an application for this competition

KDeath

Lads any chance of an update on this? There's a mention of it on the facebook page and says to check the site but there's absolutely no details on there and practically nothing on FB either?

IrelOFarrell

Hi All, very sorry about the lack of contact but personal life has been a bit full. Entry forms on the Facebook page and looking forward to trying your entries.