• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 09:01:35 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Lidl Belgian beers

Started by Ceedee, July 25, 2018, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceedee

After reading about the imminent disappearance of Lidl's W5 Oxy, I rushed to my local shop to see if they had any left...nope, too late!

While I was there though, I managed to pick up a six pack of "Exclusive" Belgian Beers. The same as this...
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/6-exclusive-belgian-ales-1099-lidl-perfect-for-fathers-day-from-thurs-7th-2949599

Anyone had these before? Any good ?

mr hoppy

They are ok. 2-3 are decent enough. The others are passable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impaler

I don't have much experience with belgian beers, but in general I liked the idea of few unknown beers packed together. Enjoyable selection of beers and decent price too.

Dracusse

TheSumOfAllBeers

I think they are all decent, but I can think of a better example of each style.

But not bad for the price especially considering there are strong beers here.

phildo79

Cheap versions of good beers. I've been to Belgium many times and don't recall seeing these beers before. I've also tried a different couple of Lidl Belgian beers in the past. Drinkable but instantly forgettable, is how I'd describe them. Not really worth the money, in my humble opinion.

If Belgian beer is your thing, you really should get over there for a weekend break. Brussels is a very affordable city and you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to beer. The Brussels Beer Festival takes place late August / early September, if memory serves. I think 70+ breweries take part annually.

KDeath

Gulden Draak is very well known both in Belgium and abroad, haven't had the quad but the regular one is a lovely drop. Going by the golden dragon on the Bornem label I'd guess that all of them are from the same brewery.

Bazza

Was in Lidl at lunchtime today to see if there were any of the promotional craft beers left (hardly any, as it happened). Spotted the Belgian variety pack and was tempted, but resisted. Sort of regretting it now.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

BrewDorg

Gulden Draak 9000 is a fantastic beer. This set introduced it to me a couple of years back. It's worth picking up