• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 09:30:00 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Growler Fills in Cork

Started by BrewCity, August 16, 2013, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taf

I might just ask him to clarify on twitter.

Garry

He'd make an interesting interviewee for the brewer's spotlight series if he could be tracked down?

Taf

Just asked him about his legal status via twitter.

https://twitter.com/BeerBilly

irish_goat

He uses 500ml bottles and according to the Beoir thread, delivers them in a Tesco shopping bag. Besides that I would say it's very unlikely he is anywhere near the scale of 8 Degrees.

Greg2013

Quote from: irish_goat on August 19, 2013, 01:28:23 PM
He uses 500ml bottles and according to the Beoir thread, delivers them in a Tesco shopping bag. Besides that I would say it's very unlikely he is anywhere near the scale of 8 Degrees.

If he is delivering them in a Tesco shopping bag that tells me all i need to know tbh :D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Bubbles

Quote from: BrewCity on August 16, 2013, 09:04:01 PMEdit: just gleaned this off of a Beoir thread on Julian Coopers... "It is an illegal homebrew, sold without paying taxes and excises. I'm a prolific homebrewer in camden quay as well and people are assuming I'm the brewer. That pissed me off. Because the last thing I want to see it the custom and excise people showing up at my place asking me to prove I'm not the one brewing this. Akavango"  ??? hmmm...

??? ??? ???

Taf

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 19, 2013, 01:21:30 PM

It's unlikely he's brewing it and selling it without being registered with the Revenue and the HSE.

I'd like to think that as well, but a lot of people are talking about it in Cork now, so it would be good to get clarification. Some people are not too happy, as if he is not legit, they think it will give negative attention to law abiding homebrewers. If he is legit, let that be communicated so that he is not being wronged when he doesn't deserve it.

Greg2013

Quote from: Taf on August 19, 2013, 02:43:34 PM

It's unlikely he's brewing it and selling it without being registered with the Revenue and the HSE.

I'd like to think that as well, but a lot of people are talking about it in Cork now, so it would be good to get clarification. Some people are not too happy, as if he is not legit, they think it will give negative attention to law abiding homebrewers. If he is legit, let that be communicated so that he is not being wronged when he doesn't deserve it.

Exactly why i would like to know as home brewers get the hairy eyeball in certain quarters as is,plus i am a nosey bastard :o
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

BrewCity

Here are the licensed manufacturers in Cork.

University College Cork              College Road, Cork
Heineken Ireland Ltd                 Leitrim Street, Cork
Eight Degrees Brewing Co Ltd         Unit 3 Mitchelstown Advance Factory, Coolnanave, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork
Kinsale Craft Brewery Ltd            Kinsale Craft Brewery, Knocknabohilly, Kinsale, Co. Cork
Docklands Brewing Company Ltd        Franciscan Well Brewery, 14 North Mall, Cork

MY money is on one of the above producing it, probably the 3rd one.

Definitely not at 8 degrees as they don't bottle in 500ml sizes. And we know it's not Kinsale or the Well or Heineken. UCC is not impossible, but it definitely tastes like homebrew, if you know what I mean, not a professional brew.

Taf

Just went through the Twitter feed of the off license that is being supplied, and it states only 20 bottles of this batch, so I can't see how he is legit with such small batches. If you dig deeper, you can also see the actual person on facebook.

Greg2013

Guys can somebody from Cork not just go into whatever oofie or boozer is selling this stuff and just ask them point blank who makes it? ;)

Will_D

If they are a bit reluctant ("we couldn't possible reveal our sorces" crap) then just point out that they are also conspiring to defraud the revenue and would loose their "off-license" plus probably and/or suffer  massive revenue/excise/vat audit!

I agree with the concerns of others that if this goes public then us HBers will be suspected of all sorts of nefarious wrong doings!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

I would also like a mod to edit out these off-topic bits about yer man and put them in the members only area!

Any body can read this thread!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

LordEoin

August 19, 2013, 04:54:50 PM #28 Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:15:02 PM by LordEoin
Quote from: Will_D on August 19, 2013, 04:50:50 PM
I would also like a mod to edit out these off-topic bits about yer man and put them in the members only area!

Just blank out any bits that aren't pulled from public sources, but I don't think there are any.

Greg2013

Quote from: Will_D on August 19, 2013, 04:50:50 PM

I see where you are coming from but I don't think hiding it in the members only section is the way to go IMHO. I do not see anything to worry about so far IMHO and tbh we need everybody possible to see this if it's something that COULD affect us all.