• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:24:15 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Growler Fills in Cork

Started by BrewCity, August 16, 2013, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garry

I don't see how it's off topic, the original post reads:

Quote from: BrewCity on August 16, 2013, 06:17:25 PM
I was also able to find these elusive Julian Cooper Beers. Label says he is brewing on Camden Quay in Cork. Has anyone figured out who this is?

No one has written anything about "Julian Cooper" here that can't be found on google. Don't you think that suggesting to hide this in the members area is implying that we are all up to "nefarious wrong doings"?

LordEoin

August 19, 2013, 05:34:26 PM #31 Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:51:26 AM by LordEoin
The best thing would probably be to just ask the manager in the Gateway or No21,  or tweet @No21Cork , @TheGatewayBar  or #No21BeerClub or just ask him directly.
I've sent him a bookface request via facebook , Taf's tweeted him on twitter
All is good, stay calm and carry on.

Ciderhead

I thought you were all rebels down there, I didn't realise that you were all so conscientious in your payment of taxes ;)
Mind you, commercially sh1t homebrewed beer deserves to be outed  :)

Ciderhead

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 19, 2013, 08:33:30 PM

Anything of a more personal nature would be against the rules.

Thanks!

Please explain to an idiot that doesn't actively use his twitter account why this is the case is there a legal exposure here?

How does that impact bloggers on here that have twitter links in their sigs?

johnrm

At a users request I have edited out the 'Personal' detail from Reply#33.

LordEoin

If you looked at the links that were in post #33 you'd see that they were both 'Social Networking accounts that are being used to promote business'
No different to linking facebook.com/kinsalebrewery and twitter.com/kinsalebrewery (both fantastic pages for a fantastic brewery)

johnrm

A Moderation Report has been opened by a new (today) user stating 'Personal detail' is disclosed in the thread.

I removed what I believe to be the links and advised that this is being done for now.
I also advised that these links are in the public domain and can be found by anybody so inclined.
Additionally I asked that the request be substantiated.

I have reviewed the request and the links seem to be to a person/business who openly sells legitimate alcoholic beverages in which case I fail to see where the issue is.

Links reinstated.

mr hoppy

So what about those growlers then?

LordEoin

He seems to have closed his facebook account now.
If he wanted the links removed he shouldhave just PMd me and asked.
They are now modified to generic links.

So yeah, good man Mr Happy, growlers!
Where else fills them? I heard rumours of the bierhaus filling growlers. Anyone know for sure?

Ciderhead

Yep they do and can also sell you a mug with your name on!

BrewCity

Quote from: Ciderhead on August 20, 2013, 08:04:58 AM
Yep they do and can also sell you a mug with your name on!

I've heard the Bierhaus do growlers, but I've never actually seen anyone get one. I'm not brave enough to walk in with my giant "moonshine" jug and ask someone to fill it with beer... probably get funny looks.

Taf

I know that one of the lads in the past used to get litre bottles filled at the F Well for takeaway. I don't know if there is an official policy though, and maybe more to do with the fact that he was a serious customer. I will ask them next time I am in.

johnrm

I'm Assuming these are filled from the tap with no special filler.
If so, then these are for consumption shortly after filling.
Am I right?

Garry

Quote from: johnrm on August 20, 2013, 09:50:34 AM
Am I right?

I would assume the same. You take it home and drink it that night.

How do they stop the bottle/growler filling with foam when they are filling it from the tap?

Taf

Quote from: johnrm on August 20, 2013, 09:50:34 AM
Am I right?

Yes, I would think you are right. They won't last long unless they have a specific setup for growlers. I think that the Fella in the Well, if he wanted to take some beer on holiday with him, used to add a small bit of sugar into the bottle to kick off bottle fermentation, so that it would have some life in it.