• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 11, 2024, 09:27:51 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

NCB Hop and Malt Buy

Started by ColmR, January 15, 2014, 09:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColmR

*****Big Update. I've added two final sheets on the spread sheet. If you've lost the link, PM me.

So... These are the order forms. There's one for hops and one for malt. Pricing is a good guess but not final.

The malts are all fine. But I've made some big boss decisions on the hops. Citra, Centennial and Magnum are all a lock in and accounted for. But we need to fulfill an order for the other hops on the list.
These are: Simcoe, Galaxy, Columbus, First Gold and Hallertau. All Hops are pellets.

• I've chosen First Gold as an allrounder UK hop. Of the UK hops on the list, this one was the most popular. If you'd previously chosen EKG, maybe you would change.
  • For a German/European hop I've picked Hallertau Mittlefruh. This is a great allrounder for lagers, Belgians, wheats etc... If you'd picked Saaz, then you might go for this.
I've shaded boxes in blue on the sheet showing my suggestion to some of you as substitutes, as some of your choices aren't available. I hope this is ok.

When we have all filled this in, we'll try to get a buyer for the remainder of the bails that aren't spoken for. Then we'll place the order.

If you've changed your mind at all, just change your choices. On the sheet, can you highlight your choice in yellow when you've confirmed commitment to buy? Can you all please PM me once you've confirmed your selections? Please do so before Tuesday next week so that we don't lose time on this.

I hope this is all ok with everyone.

Thanks,
Colm

Ciderhead

Would you not do this off forum?, the rest of us are like Pavlovs dog here ;)

Will_D

Somehow I got dropped on the Malt! MO back in !

@CH: John, this probably the best way to manage GBs like this:

Public comments but a private google sheet!

Yet again NCB leads the way!

We will be tossing bones to the masses O0
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

It's alright we do our own and don't want any of your sloppy seconds :P

ColmR

Come on all.. get your orders in.

Again, can you highlight your hop selection in yellow please so I know you've updated and are happy to order.

Need takers for all those fancy hops...

ColmR

Hi again,

Still waiting for people to update the spread sheet. Can you all confirm your choices by highlighting in yellow your selection?
We're at 5kg of Centennial and 5kg of Citra. However dropped to 4.5kg of Magnum but I don't see that as a big deal considering how cheap Magnum is.

But this evening I will eliminate anything that has less than 3kg accounted for. Want to get this order done and dusted ASAP.

Thanks,
Colm

Partridge9

yea - any takers for the other half bag of munich - myself and Will are down for a 1/2 bag.

I have spare malt bags by the way.

nigel_c

ColmR

Quote from: Partridge9 on February 18, 2014, 11:20:45 AM
yea - any takers for the other half bag of munich - myself and Will are down for a 1/2 bag.

Yes, we're all good. :)

ColmR

OK, so I've now "officially" eliminated Columbus and Hallertau as we didn't have enough takers.
I've increased my Magnum order to ensure we got the 5kg, but happy to split it with someone else.

At the end of the day, I'll put the remainder of Simcoe, Galaxy and First Gold up for sale to the general public. So if you want some of these hops, put your name down ASAP.

Colm

nigel_c

Could someone edit the doc and put me down for 0.5 kg galaxy as well. Why not right.

Jacob

Quote from: nigel_c on February 19, 2014, 09:31:57 AM
Could someone edit the doc and put me down for 0.5 kg galaxy as well. Why not right.
Done.

nigel_c

Partridge9

Can't do my final update for a couple of hours , kids football

ColmR

Quote from: Partridge9 on February 19, 2014, 05:15:36 PM
Can't do my final update for a couple of hours , kids football

NP. Extended 'til midnight! ;)

We're looking good on the other three hops btw, may not need help consuming them all!