• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 12, 2024, 01:24:48 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Music while brewing?

Started by admin, February 01, 2013, 09:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

February 01, 2013, 09:06:16 PM Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:20:51 PM by admin
Finishing a brew here listening to Miles Davis. Should be a very chilled out beer. :)

Anyone else listen to music while brewing? Have to admit Miles wouldn't usually be on the menu, but man it's relaxing...

Damo

Not overly familiar with miles davis.

When I need to relax or calm down its portishead all the way!  They got me through years of study :)

Damo

Hmmm..

Acid Jazz v's golden brown

I can remember waiting on TOTP's for golden brown after hearing it on atlantic 252 with my older brother.

Your dead right! dem's wer da days ;)

Damo

February 01, 2013, 10:07:55 PM #3 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:08:44 PM by Damian
Who the hell knows what the Chilli peppers songs are about!

Have you ever actually listened to their lyrics?  make no sense.

I've always known what golden brown was about.  now im thinking about it, it might of been radio luxemberg where i first heard it. great song tho

Shane Phelan

I just open last.fm and type in rock into the search bar. Is fine until the boil after which I cant hear anything with the noise of the extractor fan.  :-[
Brew Log

Dr Jacoby

Bitches Brew is the obvious Miles Davis album to go for, but it's not anything like his chilled stuff from the 50's and early 60's. It was also an early forerunner of the now commonplace relationship between brewing and all things canine  :D
Every little helps

LordEoin

QuoteJust googling there. According to wikipedia Golden Brown is "about heroin and about a girl". Didn't know it was about heroin, but I suppose it doesn't surprise me. Didn't know RHCP's song Under the Bridge was about heroin either, but this page says it is.. http://opioids.com/heroin/hmusic.html
Aww how innocent! ;D

Add lou reed's perfect day to you repetoire of heroine tunes (probably on that link, but haven't checked it yet. guaranteed to have some delightful tunes)

On a serious not though, don't do heroin. It's bad. m'kay?

LordEoin

February 02, 2013, 08:42:52 AM #7 Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:59:39 AM by eoinlayton@hotmail
But you know what.. i read your post about golden brown and take five late last night at work and since then it's been stuck in my head.

There are some very specific elements shared in both tunes and the key is spot on but as best my brain tries i can't sing golden brown to the beat of take five. like trying to play a reel as a jig.

But then a minute ago, I played both links simultaneously and now I can see it.
It's mostly off (as with any 2 songs you randomly play together) but on occasion it sounds f***ing awesome.

maybe i'm just tired. stupid night shift...

CB_Phil

If you like Miles Davis, you should check out B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Ottis Redding, Mississippi John Hurt ect.

I've getting into Blue grass Like, The Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band, Left Lane Cruiser & Scott H. Biram, well worth a listen

newToBrew

brewing up a storm !!!

i generally stick on grooveshark - google it if you havent heard of it - its deady
coz theres always something new to do

DEMPSEY

February 02, 2013, 04:47:13 PM #10 Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:40:29 PM by DEMPSEY
If you want a classic that has lyric's that wreck your head trying to understand them,go for Procol Harum's "A Whiter shade of pale". Every young hot blooded male trying to sing along with this song,alway's remembers the line,
"one of sixteen vestal virgins
who were leaving for the coast"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA[/media]
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

delzep

I often listen to The Wall by Pink Floyd when bottling cos I don't have to change it and the album is as long as the time it takes me to bottle

Hop Bomb

February 04, 2013, 12:16:09 PM #12 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:29:32 PM by Hop_Bomb
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Alex Lawes

February 04, 2013, 03:56:11 PM #13 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:57:21 PM by Alex_Lawes
I find sticking on a couple of hours of Massive Attack gives the whole endeavor a real meth lab atmosphere.
I then have to be careful not to get tears get into my sanitized FV as I remember the days where I'd just buy a pint down the pub. Simpler times.

Ciderhead

Listening to teardrop not getting the meth lab thing, just an uncontrollable urge to limp with a stick and solve complex medical problems ;)