• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:57:27 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thur 2nd April

Started by Bubbles, March 12, 2015, 08:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on March 31, 2015, 07:11:31 AM
Quote from: molc on March 30, 2015, 09:43:31 PM
Yeah doing a Belgian golden ale Friday myself :)
Hope your temperature control is working as I ended up doing a Belgian golden vinegar after temperature hit 28C :(

Shanna

Shanna, 28C should be tolerable for a Belgian ale strain (though in most cases, not ideal). In any case, a hot fermentation isn't going to give you sour/vinegar flavours.

cno1

I'm not gonna be able to make it this month, will be working late. It's been a while now. Are we changing to the 1st Thursday of the month from now on or is this a one off? I'll bring my group buy cider to the next meet hopefully.

Bubbles

No bother, Cathal. I think it was just supposed to be a one-off, but there's a decent turn-out this month after a few meets with pretty low attendance. So I'm thinking that maybe we could change it. We'll see what works best for everyone. I was in favour or alternating between Wednesday and Thursday nights, as Thursdays don't work for everyone.

John_C

1. Bubbles - English Bitter, Porter, American Amber
2. Molc - Craft Range Cider, Group Buy Cider
3. Shanna - Belgian saison made with Hallertau hops from my garden, sample of English barley wine from barrel & 2014 group buy cider
4. Scott - APA, possibly a hoppy amber
5. beerfly - maybe a cyser and/or my group buy cider just to keep the trend going
6. David - Keeping with trend I'll have a cider with black berries from the 2013 group buy and a pale ale that came in around 3.7% due to a bad crush
7. Shiny - Belgian Wit, Porter
8. JohnC - Brown Ale and Farmhouse Saison

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on March 31, 2015, 10:37:56 AM
No bother, Cathal. I think it was just supposed to be a one-off, but there's a decent turn-out this month after a few meets with pretty low attendance. So I'm thinking that maybe we could change it. We'll see what works best for everyone. I was in favour or alternating between Wednesday and Thursday nights, as Thursdays don't work for everyone.
Major reason for delaying to the start of the month was to allow a few of our capital brewers to attend tasting of the barrel aged barley wine and to make a decision on whether its ready to empty.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Brewtus

3. Shanna - Belgian saison made with Hallertau hops from my garden, sample of English barley wine from barrel & 2014 group buy cider
5. beerfly - maybe a cyser and/or my group buy cider just to keep the trend going
6. David - Keeping with trend I'll have a cider with black berries from the 2013 group buy and a pale ale that came in around 3.7% due to a bad crush
9. Brewtus - Kölsch and Irish Red
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Bubbles

Quote from: Brewtus on April 01, 2015, 11:12:23 AM

dude, will you bring my bottle opener if you think of it? Ta.

baphomite51

4. Scott - a dodgy double ipa

Partridge9

Well that was a blast !

Suffering today, must have been a dirty glass  :P

Shane Phelan

What was the term Dempsey used... "Club Inspection" ?

Did they pass?  :D
Brew Log

Shanna

Quote from: Partridge9 on April 03, 2015, 10:40:35 AM
Well that was a blast !

Suffering today, must have been a dirty glass  :P
Or "my dorty cider" :) Good to see you all last night. Got some valueable/constructive criticism from Rossa/John as well as picking up some good tips to fix the issues. Stir plate & gas burner are next on the agenda to start slanting & maxing all liquid starters. No hangover today so extra bonus. Shiny thanks also for passing on what you heard from pro brewers.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Bubbles

That was epic lads! Great to have so many honoured guests last night. However, the body is suffering this morning..

Funniest moment of the night for me was when I tried to buy CH a bottle of his favourite tipple Jaipur, only to be told that he'd already paid for every bottle of jaipur left in the pub.. Flash git... ;)

Hope Mr Dempsey gives us a thumbs-up on the club inspection - he certainly seemed to approve!

Bubbles

Bubbles

Molc, Bubbles, Brewtus, JohnC, Partridge, Dempsey, Ciderhead, Rossa, Dave, Shiny and Shanna. Great turnout. And we were even missing a couple of our SD regulars.