• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

A new home for the NHC - nationalhomebrewclub.ie

Started by johnrm, April 22, 2015, 08:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

April 22, 2015, 08:25:24 AM Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:02:19 AM by johnrm
To ensure ongoing stability, integrity and for cleaner management of the National Homebrew Club website and forum, the committee, in conjunction with IT, have decided to move to the .ie domain; www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie

When?
This will happen on or before Midnight Friday April 24th.

What does this mean for you?
You will need to change your Browser favourite to point to http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie
You may need to log in again.
It is advisable to CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD to ensure that your login is secure (this should be done periodically anyway)
Tapatalk users will need to log out of nationalhomebrewclub_dot_com and login to nationalhomebrewclub.ie instead.

Other than this the experience will be the same.

If you experience any issues, please let someone know - post on the forum, email etc.

Thank you for your continued support of the NHC.

Garry

Good stuff lads. I always thought .ie made more sense for an Irish club anyway. There can no confusion to the nation referred to in nationalhomebrewclub now. It will insure that Google searches will be more targeted too.

We should probably stickey this topic for a few weeks?

Simon_

I think having a .ie address is the right decision.

Why not just hold on to the .com as well and redirect it to .ie?

DEMPSEY

Top marks to all the IT team on getting this done :). It was a boil that needed to be lanced :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Metattron

Will there be a permanent redirect from the .com address? If not just for links to the site and forum from other sites, but to preserve our SEO.  We currently have a decent Google page rank and should not do anything to lose that,  or worse still,  give it to someone else by letting our  .com address lapse.
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

LordEoin

Simon_

I quite like the way there appear to be a few non-Irish based subscribers posting every now and then in apparent unawares that it's an Irish centric forum

Partridge9

Quote from: Metattron on April 22, 2015, 10:29:42 AM
Will there be a permanent redirect from the .com address? If not just for links to the site and forum from other sites, but to preserve our SEO.  We currently have a decent Google page rank and should not do anything to lose that,  or worse still,  give it to someone else by letting our  .com address lapse.
Absolutely Metattron, we will direct .com to .ie just as we currently direct .ie to .com (if you know what I mean).

Its just that the parent or main one, will be the .ie.

Hingo

I thought this already happened. Although last year when I treid to switch over on tapatalk I had problems.. Cant remember if it was the Froum platform or domain we switched.

Anyway good stuff!

johnrm

Please note that the .com is not going to be gone.
This is legally owned by the NHC and will be redirected to .ie

johnrm

This work is now complete.
Please review the original post for pointers and post here if any issue.

Thanks for you support and cooperation.

LordEoin

bear in mind that if your login details auto-populated on .com you'll simply need to save them again for .ie

Will_D

Seems ok for me! I see the dot ie in the link name.

Note that the link "under" the club name (top left of the page) is still to the dot com link!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Partridge9

Metattron

Redirects do not seem to be working correctly - if you go to www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum it does not redirect to the .ie site.
It does go to the .ie if you click on any links on the site after you get there though.
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob