• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:11 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Coffee

Started by irish_goat, February 03, 2016, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

If anyone gets a line on Tim Hortons at a decent price give me a shout please,for reference a 1kg tin in Quebec is $18cad ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

mr hoppy

It amazes me the way Timmy hohos is marketed as premium over here. It's anything but in its homeland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damien M

I have one of these and a bit procery than the DeLongi but Chrimbo is coming.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/home-appliances/coffee-machines/1403459/sage-by-heston-blumenthal-the-barista-express-review
and ticks most of the boxes for me. Built in adjustable grinder, 15 bar pressure with pre infusion pressure to set the grains for the 15 bar and Steam wand ( still can't make a smily face though)

Regardless of where you get your coffee look for the Roasted on date all good ones have it and if it is more than 3 -5 weeks ago its getting old and as said before like grain, beans should be ground fressh to keep the flavour.

bier

SuperValu stock a decent coffee from Waterford in their Irish artisan food section. Buy the beans all the time. Really like it.

Greg2013

Quote from: mr hoppy on November 24, 2016, 07:55:08 AM
It amazes me the way Timmy hohos is marketed as premium over here. It's anything but in its homeland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't consider it premium tbh but it has to be the smoothest coffee i ever tasted,by smoothest i mean the one that upsets my stomach the least.My GF came over during the summer and brought a 1kg tin of timmay and several small 1lb packs,omg the Quebecois just love their Timmayyyyy,it may not be premium but you dare not tell them that lol,that and David's Tea.I have very little timmay left but i do have an almost full tin of some lush apple pie david's tea. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

pob

For that pressie to yourself, good prices on Delonghi Bean to Cup machines on Amazon atm:

ESAM4000 Black - £199

ESAM4200 Silver - £230

normally €450-550 here

johnrm

That is a fantastic deal on the black one.
I got the silver for GBP230 6 months ago, at the time the Black one was GBP250.
I makes a great coffee.
My only criticism is that the steamer is vertical and would be better if it was angled to create a whirlpool.

pob

November 25, 2016, 04:35:19 PM #67 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:48:00 PM by pob
& another, slightly cheaper model, Delonghi ESAM2800 Fully Automatic 1450W Bean to Cup Machine in Silver & Black, eBay £175

eBay £175

I got the 4200 Silver one (post above) about 3 yrs ago for €320, which was a great deal at the time RRP€500; use it at least 3/4 times a day & highly recommend it - top notch coffeemaker.

pob

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup ESAM4200 back down to £210 ~ €240 on Amazon today