• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 08:55:17 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Learn to Homebrew - 5 Nov

Started by Thandi Juanita Guilherme, October 13, 2022, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thandi Juanita Guilherme

[color=var(--text-link)]https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/aha-events/learn-to-homebrew-day/[/color]
Hello Homebrewers! We're putting an NHC event together on 5 Nov, which aligns with the AHA "Learn to Homebrew Day". What I'm looking for is a few brewers who can commit to brewing on the day - via Zoom - and/or being around online to field questions from those interested in or new to homebrewing. Ideally we'd have staggered brewdays starting from ±10am, and ideally a mix of all-in-one systems as well as basic stovetop brewing. We want this to be beginner-focused, rather than advanced. Please let me know if you're keen to demo your brew day for the event - and if you're not keen on brewing, let me know if you're keen to commit some time to answering questions or leading conversation on the day.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Any more info or takers here ? I dont mind overlapping a brew day with an education event, though I am weather dependent on my brewing in general. Would give me an excuse to dial in my process and water / grist ratios instead of just winging it all the time.

Thandi Juanita Guilherme

Quote from: TheSumOfAllBeers on October 19, 2022, 11:24:48 PMAny more info or takers here ? I dont mind overlapping a brew day with an education event, though I am weather dependent on my brewing in general. Would give me an excuse to dial in my process and water / grist ratios instead of just winging it all the time.

Hello! I'm still looking for demo brewers so you're right on time :) Would be great to have you along. I'll put an info flyer together this week and share it with you, but as a brewer it'll just be about being on the Zoom and showing the process/answering any questions that newbie brewers have.

TheSumOfAllBeers

I would prefer to overlap this event with an actual brew day for me, otherwise that is less useful (for me). But my brew days are very weather dependent unfortunately. And the weather has really sucked lately.

Thandi Juanita Guilherme

Fair enough. The date isn't really moveable as it aligns with the AHA's Learn to Brew day - but if you're keen on either watching (being a part of the conversation) or actually brewing, that'd be grand.

SureLook

I'm in a similar position to SumofAllBeers. I brew outside and am very weather dependent but would be able to do a brew day all going well. Are there many signed up to watching yet or are we still low on numbers on that side?
Wee County Brewers - Small County, Big Beers!

TheSumOfAllBeers

might see about putting the tarp up. just looked at the rainfall forecast for the next week ...

Thandi Juanita Guilherme

Quote from: SureLook on October 27, 2022, 01:06:08 PMI'm in a similar position to SumofAllBeers. I brew outside and am very weather dependent but would be able to do a brew day all going well. Are there many signed up to watching yet or are we still low on numbers on that side?
Only just shared the "guest" invite out this week - mostly on Twitter and in the club whatsapp groups. But I was more worried that we wouldn't have any brewers! 

Feel free to share with any buddies who are keen to learn and it would be great to see you brewing on the day

thehoppyending

I'll likely be brewing this weekend if I get my order in tomorrow. By chance rather than design. It'll only be my fourth brew so I've plenty of beginner left in me to encourage others  ;D

SureLook

So what's the craic for Saturday? What's the format? Staggered brew day and how's that working?
Wee County Brewers - Small County, Big Beers!

Thandi Juanita Guilherme

Quote from: SureLook on November 03, 2022, 09:19:44 PMSo what's the craic for Saturday? What's the format? Staggered brew day and how's that working?
Alrighty! Here's the zoom link for tomorrow. Join Zoom Meeting [color=var(--text-link)]https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89549998665[/color]

I'll be online from 10am, join when you can

Thandi Juanita Guilherme

Zoom link for tomorrow is here: Learn how to brew your own beer from experienced NHC homebrewers

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89549998665

Please do drop in, any time from 10am - would love to see you brewing, or just to hangout. You know we'll all be drinking so.. ;)

mikeb

Love this - have fun tomorrow. I'm away otherwise would be all in.