• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:50:50 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Stats & why we're not lazy bums

Started by Beerdoh, March 22, 2013, 05:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerdoh

Just looking at the basic stats from the other clubs on the site. I know it was noted that maybe we're a bit inactive, but from the point of view of posts and topics within the club commmunity section at least, we're actually the second most active club on the forum, and actually per head of contributors we're the most active! :P
To brew: Bohemian Lager, Munich Dunkel, Oatmeal / Milk Stout, Hefeweizen
Fermenting: Imperial IPA
Conditioning:
Serving:Munich Helles (Helles Bells), Oatmeal Stout

Greg2013

Why then have i noted such a sharp decline in posts and replies to posts since start of year? Compared to other sections on the site and taken on a weekly basis we do appear to the layman at least to be really inactive. :'(

I could put a post up here and not get a reply back for ten days and post in for sale and get a reply back the same day. I dont know how many members we have here in this club but until i posted about the March meet jaysus there was little activity the last couple of months from what i can see, and i am on here every day ::) ;D :

Things appear to have picked up in the last week due to people like yourself beerdoh and others but looking at this purely from a newbies point of view its kinda hard to bother posting anything when nobody answers ;)

I realise people have lives but Jaysus lads for visitors scanning the site to see will they join we really should try to post something more often to encourage participation? ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Also for those of us like me that find it difficult to get to meets this section is our only contact and checking in on a weekly basis and seeing nothing new gets kinda discouraging.

I know i post a lot of shite at the best of times but sure where else am i going to ask all the silly questions a newbie asks? ;)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

March 22, 2013, 07:13:47 PM #3 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:14:35 PM by deadman1972
What would be nice is a list of all the current members in the south east club? At least then we would know what kind of numbers we are dealing with. I agree with Tube that for whatever reason previously active members seem to have gone less active. Now that may be due to unfortunate circumstances so i am certainly not casting aspersions on them. :)

However what struck me coming into here was that nobody took up the reigns. For new members like myself consistency is key ( i can already hear ciderhead laughing in the background) ;D

Of course if we only have 6 members in the south east club that might explain things but currently i have no idea :-/

Bart

Count me in.
Eager to prove myself in the new field but not a clue where to start.
Hope with a little help from ye I might create something decent.

So far the likes of: Munich Dunkel, Oatmeal / Milk Stout, Hefeweizen, Imperial IPA, Munich Helles (Beerdoh set) sound like magic.
Was raised on lager (and a bit of weissbier) and might choose that direction.

Cheers!

Greg2013

Bart

April 24, 2013, 10:49:11 AM #6 Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:53:05 AM by Bart
Your Typical Newbie starting List and Supplier Help for newbiecame very handy. Thanks

MOD: Can we have them "sticky"?

Kieran the Human

Well with this post and my previous one today I've tripled my post count in a day - Statistically I'm the most actively increasing member in the South East   ;D
Anyway I'm going to have to get myself to a few meetings in the near future.

Whats the story with the get togethers? Bring homebrew and swap or just go pubbing? All my brews seem to be getting inhaled at the seemingly endless amount of family christenings/birthdays I have on so I won't have anything for an April or May meet but soon  :)
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

newToBrew

A bit of both ! Bring beers  if u have them- group samples them - we talk Shite - do some horse trading then have a few pints at the bar
coz theres always something new to do

johnrm

Swapping beer for horses?
A mugs game. :-)

Sent from a Mountain top using Tapatalk 2

Ciderhead

Quote from: newToBrew on May 01, 2013, 06:48:27 AM
do some horse trading then have a few pints at the bar

Can you be done for being drunk in charge of a horse?

johnrm

SE Meets start like this:
A Horse walked into a bar...
:P

newToBrew

coz theres always something new to do

Ciderhead

May 02, 2013, 08:12:38 AM #13 Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:48:07 AM by Ciderhead
Whoooaa :)

Sent from my mediocre phone and an average phone app

DEMPSEY

Quote from: johnrm on May 01, 2013, 08:42:13 AM