• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 16, 2024, 09:31:51 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Whiskey Barrel

Started by Ciderhead, March 26, 2013, 12:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

March 26, 2013, 12:21:47 AM Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:15:11 AM by Ciderhead
Hope everybody in Wicla is ok about this, it seems some on here are getting a bit über competitive  :D, so put your thinking caps on for next months meet, I have already found a sponsor who will "Top up" our barrel just to ensure its fully conditioned before we put the velvet of the gods in it  8-)

joc

We will be taking this and it will go to either Bray or Ashford.
We can talk about it next week :)

CARA

It'll be the one with a faint smell of urine  [smiley=evil.gif]
Upa Sesh

Will_D

QuoteIt'll be the one with a faint smell of urine  [smiley=evil.gif]
Yeh!  Joc has already promissed the one with the Strong smell to the NCBers!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Bubbles

Ciderhead, how many takers do you have on this?

It looks like the South Dublin barrel is not going to happen, but if you have room for an extra 20 litres I'd like to get involved. (I am Wicklow born and bred, if that helps!  :P)

Rossa

My aunt lives in Wicklow. I cycle in Wicklow. I live near Wicklow...available to help out.. keeping my options open since S-Dub is not happening. :o

Damo

Lads, I guess this will be a topic of conversation on the 18th..

I guess we wouldnt rule it out, Lets see how many takers we have from Garden county brewers.

cross border liasons can only be good! right? ;)

JimmyM

If yous dont let the lads put their beer in your barrel... so help me god... everytime i pass through wicklow on the n11 im going to fart and roll down the windows!
and ill throw papers in your garden!
Formerly JamesM.

joc

April 13, 2013, 07:36:19 PM #8 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:45:06 PM by joc
Guys paid 50 bucks for this now we can talk more on Thursday
I will also bring along a bottle of the Fran well version so we know how it shouldn't taste ;)

Bubbles

Lads, our South Dublin barrel is back on now, so I'll bow out of this.

We might need a few volunteers from other clubs to help fill our barrel. So if you fancy doing an extra batch we'll have room for an extra few gallons.

Our barrel will be sited in Blackrock area.

joc

April 16, 2013, 03:55:56 PM #10 Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:08:38 PM by joc
You need to be invited in to bow out and we know exactly where your barrel is ;)
I'm sure we will have some tailings left over as one of our contributors has had to scale down to his min 10 gallon batch.

@Jimmy you fart away luv cos ours will be in a RH/Temp purified air controlled cellar. 

Bubbles

Quote from: joc on April 16, 2013, 03:55:56 PM
You need to be invited in to bow out and we know exactly where your barrel is ;)
I'm sure we will have some tailings left over as one of our contributors has had to scale down to his min 10 gallon batch.

:)

Bubbles

Folks,

If anyone fancies making a contribution to the South Dublin Brewers barrel, we could use another few participants.

The barrel will be sited in Blackrock, and at the moment we're looking at an Imperial Porter type recipe devised by Rossa, which includes lots of amber, brown and black malts.

Sign-up here:
http://nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,2150.0.html

Cheers.

joc

April 18, 2013, 03:28:55 PM #13 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:33:06 PM by joc
Please completely disregard previous post as poaching Wicklow brewers is beyond reproach, cheeky ucker :P
Oh I see you spammed all local clubs and are trying to recruit from everywhere and no doubt you will call it your own ;D.
"Did you think I would leave you lying when there's room on my horse for two?"
Let us know how many you have or need  and I'm sure we can support you minor clubs ;)

Bubbles

:D :D

I am a Wicklow brewer dude! I just happen to keep my porter barrel in Dublin..

Garden County Brewers, in all seriousness... I think you should defect to the South Dublin barrel. I've seen the Wicklow recipe and I just don't think it's up to scratch for you highly-accomplished brewers!!  ;) ;) :D :D

Anyway, I'm not poaching per se. If people want some variety and want to contribute to a second barrel, come on in.  :P