• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:28:10 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewDog release all their recipes to homebrewers!

Started by Tom, February 25, 2016, 11:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armedcor

I'm loving the look of the punk ipa using Belgian yeast!

Tom

Think I'm going to go for Atlantic IPA #24 (if I can afford it!). Might sub one of the hops to keep it reasonable.

Leann ull

Just wondering would we all be as excited if Heino or Dia did same

sub82

Fair play! Will definitely be brewing a few of these.

krockett

No Nelson in Punk..its completely different to the recipes online to date.

I have some Hellertau Hersbrucker in the freezer - supposed to be a crystal substitute. Good excuse to give this a go.

Always loved Jackhammer. Pumpkin King is lovely stuff aswell.

Jonnycheech

Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

garciaBernal

Quote from: Mac on February 25, 2016, 11:46:40 PM
Plenty of Nelson in Punk post 2010.
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

fobster

Quote from: Bubbles on February 25, 2016, 11:51:24 AM
One of the first things I flicked to was the mash temperature for "Dead Pony Club". Astonished to see it is 62C! I'd be more expecting 72C, for a 1.040 beer with an American ale yeast. Surely a typo??

It may be the hop oils as 5am Saint has the same mash temp!

krockett

Quote from: garciaBernal on February 26, 2016, 10:11:27 AM

Pre 2010 it was always referenced as having Nelson - was supposed to be inspired by Jaipur. Makes it easier to clone; Moteuka available now on HBC.

garciaBernal

Quote from: Mac on February 26, 2016, 11:39:27 AM
Quote from: garciaBernal on February 26, 2016, 10:11:27 AM

Pre 2010 it was always referenced as having Nelson - was supposed to be inspired by Jaipur. Makes it easier to clone; Moteuka available now on HBC.

http://boakandbailey.com/2016/02/thornbridge-jaipur-and-brewdog-punk-ipa/
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

Motorbikeman

After a bit of thought ,  their tactics are a stroke of genius.  Which will result in more sale for them.  As well as spreading the word about their product.   

Brewers will be trying to get there hands on Brew Dog beer for a tester, to see if it's worth a brewday investment.   I certainly went to Obrians yesterday for a couple of samples, somthing I dont usually do unless its the weekend.   

armedcor

Brewdog also runs their own chain of off licences around London etc called bottle dog which stock grain, hops, yeast etc. Pretty good selection of beers as well.

mr hoppy

Always been a BD hater but TBH I've quite enjoyed Jackhammer recently, and Candy Kaiser and this is a pretty interesting document so thanks to the OP.

I'd treat it with a bit of care though. Not sure "Westvleteren 12 (recovered from a bottle)" (page 41) is a yeast recommendation you'd have much success with.

Tom

Two grams of Nelson Sauvin as a bittering addition seems a little low for a 65 IBU beer. Those New World hops, eh? (See beer #9, Hype, in the DIYDOG book). Best take some of these with a pinch of salt, perhaps!

Qs

Perhaps the "end" hop additions there are whirl-pooled to get up to the IBU level required.  There do seem to be misprints though. Like the Baby Saison for instance has 5.58kg of malt in 20L and an expected OG of 1.032.