• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 01:11:25 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

charcoal in Dublin in winter?

Started by baphomite51, January 07, 2016, 12:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

cruiscinlan

Saw charcoal there in a Brazilian shop in the Moore St Mall there, so might be something that they have year round. Check if there's one local to you.

dcalnan

I just noticed that nisbits are going to be selling lumpwood charcoal from next week, http://www.nisbets.ie/Big-K-Lumpwood-Charcoal-10kg/CM826/ProductDetail.raction

ipa-drinker

I use oak logs. to smoke meat and fish.
charcoal for chicken portions and burgers and chops.

have a look at this also.
http://bbqpitboys.com/
Never look down on people only when you are helping them up

oblivious

Quote from: Eoin on January 08, 2016, 11:42:18 AM
In season, I was able to get Weber chips in Woodies, but not at the moment.

I'd like to get the larger chunks myself...but the chips seem to do the job too.

A couple of the fancy Garden centres had wood specific webber charcoal chunks, pricey but the mesquite smelled amazing

Bubbles

Quote from: oblivious on January 10, 2017, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: Eoin on January 08, 2016, 11:42:18 AM
In season, I was able to get Weber chips in Woodies, but not at the moment.

I'd like to get the larger chunks myself...but the chips seem to do the job too.

A couple of the fancy Garden centres had wood specific webber charcoal chunks, pricey but the mesquite smelled amazing

Were they chunks, as opposed to chips? I've never seen chunks available here unfortunately.

The Weber chips are good - I got the Hickory and they add a great flavour to beef or chicken. Would like to try the mesquite though.

dcalnan

I've gotten weber apple/cherry chunks from Newlands garden centre , definitely prefer them to chips. They're a bit expensive.

ipa-drinker

wood logs chunks and chips I get of ebay.cheaper than garden centers.
Never look down on people only when you are helping them up

pob

Got some NamChar Namibian charcoal from woodfuel.ie

I would recommend the medium size as the small domestic fell through a Weber rack without a smaller wire mesh to hold them. Good prices. He was delivering to restaurants in Dublin so I meet him & collected a few bags from him.

Leann ull

There used to be a guy back of the iBIS hotel at red cow selling that stuff, it's like an iron bar and calorific value is nuts

Eoin

Try Polish shops, I got the tip from a Polish lady a while before Xmas and was able to find it no bother in a Polonia I think.