• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:26 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Coconut yoghurt

Started by Joe Cal, February 21, 2017, 11:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Cal

I made some of this up. Really easy. Full fat coconut milk, dump it in the nutribullet with a tablespoon of table sugar. Put it in a sanitary jar, sprinkle over a broken probiotic capsule. Cover with kitchen paper and some elastic and 24 hours later you're good to go

I'm not vegan but I saw this recipe and wanted to try it out. Really pleased with the results. I do kombucha and milk kefir as well and had bought some bio kult previously so it was on hand. It's really sweet compared to normal yoghurt and I've blended it with banana and oat milk to make overnight oats

armedcor

24 hours at room temp? How long is it good for? Sounds lovely.

Joe Cal

after you're confident it's done, it should have that tangy yoghurty flavour, I put it in the fridge and treat it like an open tub of live yoghurt. So 3 - 4 days.

Yesterday I left 2 inches at the bottom of a jar as a starter, added in a new can blended with sugar. I'll see later today if that works

Edit; Make sure to leave head space in the jar. I've had it bubble over when I've been back late

auralabuse

I've done kombucha before and love it but my scoby doesn't seem to last. Is kefir nice?

http://www.soundcloud.com/aural-abuse

irish_goat

Quote from: auralabuse on February 22, 2017, 09:46:18 AMIs kefir nice?

I like it but it took a few goes before I got the taste for it. You can buy commercial versions in Polski shops if you want to try it out.

auralabuse

Quote from: irish_goat on February 22, 2017, 09:54:19 AM
Quote from: auralabuse on February 22, 2017, 09:46:18 AMIs kefir nice?

I like it but it took a few goes before I got the taste for it. You can buy commercial versions in Polski shops if you want to try it out.
Good idea, might try some from there to see before getting the kefir bits n pieces

http://www.soundcloud.com/aural-abuse