• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:19:12 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Capital Potluck in July 2nd [CapCon]

Started by Hingo, April 08, 2016, 05:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonnycheech

Just for those not on the Capital trello/whatsapp (yet)

Food-wise:
If you want to change or add something - work away. You don't necessarily have to make what's on the list but keep us in the loop.
So far we've a nice balance of food (Meats, Veggie, Sides, & Desserts)

I think the plan is,  if you can, prepare enough for about 10 people as everyone won't eat everything. If you want to make a bit more - it's up to you.

Drinks Wise:
Whether you're bringing Bottles/Keg/Minikegs, Keep in mind you have the means to deliver the beer & collect empties.

There's talk of organizing a Cooler and lines for a couple of taps -I'm making the assumption that we can accommodate ball lock corny kegs here so if you can bring a keg that's a different fitting, please ensure there's a means to accommodate the same.

1. Hingo + Emma - Keg full PassionFruit Steam beer/ Juicy Lucy burgers/Turkey Burgers.
2. Dr Jacoby - Half Keg Light Lager + chilli
3. Johnnycheech - Hoping to make this, work schedualed but trying to get a swap. Smoked pork ribs & crate of IPA
4. Anil + 6 - Pastrami Short Ribs+Pav Bhaji for the veggies - Tropical Dry Hopped Sour Saison
5. Cruiscinlan - sourdough/ale bread/milk loaf.
6. Ciaran + Lily - Home made bratwurst, sauerkraut, mini kegs of Saison
7. Fergal + Emma- Slaws/salsas/guac/salads etc.
8. Ronan: will decide closer to the day. could be wings or more bread
9. Mark + Viv. Halumi Skewers (w/mint, peach and dukka), slaw and a Juicy Pale Ale.
10. Adrian - Some kind of marinated pork (free range of course!). Potato salad maybe. Cheese. And for beer maybe a grisette
11. Fionn - Nigel Slater's chocolate brownie cake, something fishy, and some wine perhaps.
12. Beermonger - maybe a veggie mapo doufu for food and... Rauchbier (smoky Maerzen).
13. Sebastian + Olivia -  Italian Honey Cake and a couldn't get temp for raspberry beer so will have oatmeal stout (Keg?)
14. Paul & Maja - Croatian Pastries
15. Tommy - session wit + chocolate brownies

If you can't make it, or if anything changes just let us know
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

Ohnidog

I've separated the hot dishes into the various different cooking mediums below so we know how much space we need to devote to grilling, smoking, etc.

Grilled On BBQ: Juicy Lucy burgers, Turkey Burgers, Marinated Pork or Prawns, Halumi Skewers

Bullet Smoker(with or without smoke depending on dish): Wings, Bratwurst, Pastrami, Smoked Ribs

Cooker: Fionns Fish Dish

Reheat Oven/Microwave:
Mapo Doufu, Pav Bhaji, Chilli

Let me know if you would prefer your dish cooked in a different medium to the one its listed in above

Ohnidog

@Johnnycheech. The ribs sound great, the menu has been missing a bit of smoked pork! Let me know if you plan cook them here on the day and I'll make sure there's space in the smoker.

Jonnycheech

Quote from: Ohnidog on June 20, 2016, 11:29:57 PM

@Johnnycheech. The ribs sound great, the menu has been missing a bit of smoked pork! Let me know if you plan cook them here on the day and I'll make sure there's space in the smoker.

I was hoping to make 2 racks so they'd probably take up a good bit of space in a smoker. Depends how big your smoker is I guess? Was planning to smoke them for 4-5 hours.

I might smoke them at home and then bring them over to yours to finish off on the BBQ.
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

Ohnidog

Quote from: Johnnycheech on June 21, 2016, 05:47:52 PM
Quote from: Ohnidog on June 20, 2016, 11:29:57 PM

I was hoping to make 2 racks so they'd probably take up a good bit of space in a smoker. Depends how big your smoker is I guess? Was planning to smoke them for 4-5 hours.

I might smoke them at home and then bring them over to yours to finish off on the BBQ.

The smoker has 2 grills, one on top of the other and I've a rib holder for standing the racks up so I could probably fit the 2 on one level and still have space for a few more bits. I'll be pre-smoking the pastrami and just finishing it off on the day so that will free up a good bit of space. The only thing is you'd need to stick them on pretty early since they'll need a while

phoenix

My Saison kegs wont be carbed in time, going to bring a minikeg of Wee Heavy instead
Ciaran

Jonnycheech

The smoker has 2 grills, one on top of the other and I've a rib holder for standing the racks up so I could probably fit the 2 on one level and still have space for a few more bits. I'll be pre-smoking the pastrami and just finishing it off on the day so that will free up a good bit of space. The only thing is you'd need to stick them on pretty early since they'll need a while
[/quote]

Are you planning on eating at a certain time or just eating as stuff comes off the grill?
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

Sebastian616

Olivia Had to work so it'll only be me. Anyone coming through town with a car? Would stop me from dying with a crate of bottles...

1. Hingo + Emma - Keg full PassionFruit Steam beer/ Juicy Lucy burgers/Turkey Burgers.
3. Johnnycheech - Hoping to make this, work schedualed but trying to get a swap. Smoked pork ribs & crate of IPA
4. Anil + 6 - Pastrami Short Ribs+Pav Bhaji for the veggies - Tropical Dry Hopped Sour Saison
9. Mark + Viv. Halumi Skewers (w/mint, peach and dukka), slaw and a Juicy Pale Ale.
10. Adrian - Some kind of marinated pork (free range of course!). Potato salad maybe. Cheese. And for beer maybe a grisette
11. Fionn - Nigel Slater's chocolate brownie cake, something fishy, and some wine perhaps.
12. Beermonger - maybe a veggie mapo doufu for food and... Rauchbier (smoky Maerzen).
13. Sebastian -  Italian Honey Cake and a couldn't get temp for raspberry beer so will have oatmeal stout (Bottles)
15. Tommy - session wit + chocolate brownies

Boycott

Im going to bring a strong smash and homemade feta

Ohnidog

@Johnnycheech

Think we'll just serve up things as they come off the grill. Since the smoker will end up being used for multiple things with different cooking times etc. It might actually be best to have the ribs prepared ahead of time as opening and closing the smoker is going to extend the cooking time. What do you think?

Ohnidog

What time do people want to kick things off? I was thinking around 3pm. Forcast on yr.no looking positive(ish) for now although it could change. Has anyone got a gazebo or 2 we could use?

fyodor

I could bring a fairly big tent thing if it was looking bad
Will someone brew my BOS please?

Jonnycheech

@ Anil

No worries, I'll pre smoke them so. Hopefully the weather picks up!  8)
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

tommy

Have to pull out of this lads somethings come up, enjoy the beers

13. Sebastian -  Italian Honey Cake and a couldn't get temp for raspberry beer so will have oatmeal stout (Bottles)
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

phoenix

July 01, 2016, 10:19:38 AM #59 Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:21:34 AM by phoenix
6. Ciaran + Lily - Korean BBQ Beef, Tiramisu, Lemon Tiramisu, mini keg of Diving Bell Clone

Ciaran