• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 10:32:57 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Waterford Brewers

Started by ac13, June 20, 2016, 04:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ac13

Alright folks, just checking out to see if there are any other active home brewers in the Waterford area (I know Greg2013 is another Waterfordian).

Started homebrewing properly late last year and was wondering if there were any others around the area who might be interested in beer swaps, or a meetup or whatever.

Its hard to get proper feedback when people don't want to insult you in case the flow of free beer stops !

darren996

Not in waterford,  but Kilkenny brewers are based in Thomas town, about 25 minutes from ya.  We should be having a meet soon you want to pop along you are more than welcome

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ac13

Cheers Darren, I might well do. I'd meant to drop in to ye're first meet but was away when it was on. When is ye're next meet on ?

darren996

We are just bottling a brew this  Thursday but that won't be a proper meet.  Hopefully next week..

Greg2013

Quote from: ac13 on June 20, 2016, 04:34:39 PM
Alright folks, just checking out to see if there are any other active home brewers in the Waterford area (I know Greg2013 is another Waterfordian).

Started homebrewing properly late last year and was wondering if there were any others around the area who might be interested in beer swaps, or a meetup or whatever.

Its hard to get proper feedback when people don't want to insult you in case the flow of free beer stops !

I am only just after coming back to brewing after a 9mth layoff(no i wasn't preggers lol).Anyway no offence to anyone but i seem to be the only home brewer in the SE Club at this stage,i don't know what this means for the future for you and I Ac13 but i think at this stage you may be better off linking up with the Kilkenny lads(ok now i need to rinse my mouth out). ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

darren996

Greg2013, pop up to any meet,  we have big things planned.  We will be growing hops,  our own apples for cider etc.  Next meet we are planning a potato beer. We have a nice setup in the school of Food.  Keep an  eye out for the next meet on the forum

Greg2013

Quote from: darren996 on June 24, 2016, 11:57:32 PM
Greg2013, pop up to any meet,  we have big things planned.  We will be growing hops,  our own apples for cider etc.  Next meet we are planning a potato beer. We have a nice setup in the school of Food.  Keep an  eye out for the next meet on the forum

Thank you kindly for the invite and yes i will keep an eye out on the Kilkenny Club section. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)