• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:17:19 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Sensory Session at the KKCBF

Started by Andrew, May 08, 2017, 09:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

I did mention this to Oisin on another thread- I'm just checking to see if there is any interest in running a sensory session on the Saturday morning of the KKCBF (8th July). It will be a 2 hour session using the Siebel BJCP kit covering the following:

• Acetaldehyde
  • Butyric
  • Diacetyl
  • DMS
  • Earthy
  • Ethyl Acetate
  • Ethyl Hexanoate
  • Geraniol
  • Indole
  • Isovaleric
  • Oxidisation
  • Spicy
We will go through each flavour and discuss where it came from; if it's appropriate; and if it is not appropriate, how to avoid producing it again.

The session would be for 10-12 people. I was thinking of seeing if anyone from the Kilkenny Brewing Club was interested first; then offer to the local brewers (Costellos, Sullivans, O'Haras etc); and finally if there are any places, to the general public.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

BrewDorg

Well Andrew, thanks for bringing it up again. I brought it up at our latest meeting and everyone thought it was a good idea. We do most of our dealings on our FB page, so I'm going to post this over there too to gauge numbers. Feel free to join up there too - https://www.facebook.com/groups/470532593150297/

1. Oisín

Andrew

Sorry mate, I don't have a Facebook account- just keep me appraised here, thanks.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

ac13

darren996

hassettbrew

darren996

Great session yesterday, thanks Andrew for giving the course and Oisin for getting this together for the club

Beerbuddha

Thank again Andrew and Oisin for making this happen.  8)
IBD Member

BrewDorg

All thanks goes to Andrew. Very valuable session

ac13

Agreed, thanks to both Andrew for running it and Oisin for organizing. Found the session very informative.

Andrew

Thanks for turning up guys. Now, I expect you all to go out and brew much better beers  :D
Andrew
@beoirfinder

Beerbuddha

Sorry Andrew, as to improve on perfection is impossible but we will all sign up for beer judging so we can help others improve  ;)
IBD Member

Beerbuddha

Future BJCP judges. The later on  photos are censored but anyone at the festival will tell you what happened at Kilkenny Craft beer festival stays at the festival 😎

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

IBD Member