• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:48:57 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next Sour Barrel Project

Started by fyodor, July 10, 2017, 04:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyodor

Jaysis lads,

Right, barrel is over full, but we've always had a few who couldn't make it for some reason or other, and we've been short before too. Let's try a new method - post a picture of your brew here (indicating the exact quantity you have if possible) and you're in the barrel - first brewed, first in.

Does that sound fair?

Also, could you indicate if you are going to add brett and lacto? We only need about 80 l with them, I'll sour my 40, so just need two volunteers.

Thanks,
f
Will someone brew my BOS please?

KDeath

Actually, as much as I'd like to take part I think I'll have to pull out due to a combination of time constraints and not having a corny keg or CO2 for transport.

Boycott

Just keep everyone on the list as people always pull out

Hingo

You're gonna have to using EventBrite for these barrel slots soon!  :D :P

The Mandalorian1

@Fyodor:Your asking for trouble with wanting brew pics.  likely to get some shockin dick pics instead.
Capital brewers Death Match is the only way to go.

fyodor

I'm not worried Cristoir, Sexy Paul has surely already done his worst

Jonnycheech

So let me get this right. If you post a dick pic, you're in?
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

Dr Jacoby

Quote from: fyodor on July 11, 2017, 12:35:11 PM
Jaysis lads,

Right, barrel is over full, but we've always had a few who couldn't make it for some reason or other, and we've been short before too. Let's try a new method - post a picture of your brew here (indicating the exact quantity you have if possible) and you're in the barrel - first brewed, first in.

Does that sound fair?

Also, could you indicate if you are going to add brett and lacto? We only need about 80 l with them, I'll sour my 40, so just need two volunteers.

Thanks,
f

I'll sour my portion. Could you update the original post with a deadline for getting this done?
Every little helps

Paul B

With regards to suggestions for modification, anyone reckon it could do with being more bruin? Having one of the last of my bottles and it's almost more of a deep red than brown. Would some chocolate malt go well in this recipe?

Dr Jacoby

Some carafa special would work well. You don't want roastiness in there (or maybe that's just me).
Every little helps

jawalemon

Is there a date for the fill? I'll be away for two weeks from Saturday which may rule me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fyodor

Fill date will be around the last week in August, first week of September.

Good suggestions Paul/Peter

New malt bill:

Marris otter 78%
Munich type II 13%
Crystal Malt ecb 240 - 6%
Carafa I 2%
Roast barley - 1%

What ye reckon?

Paul B

jawalemon

Ok I can work to those dates.